PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and depression

lisa marie
02-23-2006, 03:09 AM
:D hi my name is lisa i have sufferd from anxitey and depression 4 many years ihave death phobia and many others i went to cbt yesterday ive been told i have ocd im am on citalopram 20mgs 2years ago ni had my worst bout ever of anxiety and depression it made me agrophobic and many other diffrent things i totally ruins yourlife im getting better now slowly but surley i can relate to all the problems on the forum i hate that saying were people say pull yourself together it really gets on my nerves thankyou for listing to me lisax

soshy
02-23-2006, 05:24 AM
Welcome to the Anxiety Forum, Lisa Marie. All of us here have anxiety and triggers or phobias. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been suffering from anxiety and depression for a long time. It can ruin a person's life if they don't get help.

I myself, have Social Phobia; but I'm so much better because of CBT and talking to others who also suffer from anxiety. You will find a wealth of kindness and great advice from the people here on this forum.

I'm so glad to hear that you are getting better :) ! The worst advice people can give is "Pull yoursellf together" ,"Get a grip," or the classic, "Just calm down!" I think I've heard them all - but not here. People who don't understand or those that do not have anxiety are sorta clueless and say the wrong things....makes me mad too!

Hope to see you back soon :) !

Take care - soshy

lisa marie
02-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the Anxiety Forum, Lisa Marie. All of us here have anxiety and triggers or phobias. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been suffering from anxiety and depression for a long time. It can ruin a person's life if they don't get help.

I myself, have Social Phobia; but I'm so much better because of CBT and talking to others who also suffer from anxiety. You will find a wealth of kindness and great advice from the people here on this forum.

I'm so glad to hear that you are getting better :) ! The worst advice people can give is "Pull yoursellf together" ,"Get a grip," or the classic, "Just calm down!" I think I've heard them all - but not here. People who don't understand or those that do not have anxiety are sorta clueless and say the wrong things....makes me mad hi soshy thankyou for replying have you been to cbt then she told me that she might beable to get me off the tablets in 8 months which sounds good to me whats social social phobia

lisax

Hope to see you back soon :) !

Take care - soshy