PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro and Drowsiness

movingforward
08-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I just started on Lexapro 10 mg for depression and anxiety. I started taking it in the evening (9 pm).

So far, I have been drowsiness and keep yawning during the day and evening. My negative thoughts have lessened but I don't want to be sedative. Will these side effect wear off in a few days or a week or two?

meyaj
08-22-2009, 02:06 AM
I just started on Lexapro 10 mg for depression and anxiety. I started taking it in the evening (9 pm).

So far, I have been drowsiness and keep yawning during the day and evening. My negative thoughts have lessened but I don't want to be sedative. Will these side effect wear off in a few days or a week or two?

Yes. This is normal and in all likelihood you'll adapt to it in a week or two. Good luck with the treatment!

fernandogress
09-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Sometimes it takes a few days to get used to the Lexapro, give a few days or a week and if it doesn't get any better talk to your psychiatrist he may change it to a smaller mg.I think it took a few days. By the time I got to a 20 mg dose, I wasn't really having drowsiness problems. It was more like a general lack of energy.