PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety when I have a certain duty

KYJelly
08-17-2009, 02:55 PM
After some extensive thinking I've come to the conclusion that my anxiety only arises when I have something that I must do. For instance, as far as I can recall my worst cases of anxiety occurred and continue to occur while in a classroom that I know I can't leave....essentially feeling trapped. When I have to visit my therapist I feel a bit anxious when I have to wait for the bus and waiting for them to call me...similar situations occur when visiting my physician..

I've been taking Amino Fuel (1-2 tablets daily), B-Complex and magnesium capsules and eating a much more healthier diet and even though I can definitely say I feel much better and calmer (after cutting down on sugar and caffeine intake) I still got a bit anxious while traveling in the metro to head to the doctor's office...

Tips? Anybody that has had similar ordeals?

punisher
08-17-2009, 07:23 PM
I can definitley relate. Some of my worst anxiety occurs when I am anticipating being stuck in rush hour traffic. It also happens someties when I have a hard work deadline or in a meeting full of people. I just try to remind myself that I am in control and I decide if and when I need to leave a certain situation.