PDA

View Full Version : Quick Intro

CindyE
08-16-2009, 06:10 AM
Oops- I posted yesterday and didn't introduce myself!
I'm 47 and have had anxiety most of my life. My mom is bi-polar, my dad (now deceased) alcoholic, so I guess that played a bigger part than I may have realized. Over the last few years, it has become more unmanageable. My hubby of 22 yrs has his own issues, which add to my anxiety. I've recently started therapy. I was starting to think i was just a mean person, because I don't even want people I like to come to my house most of the time. The holidays really set me off, especially if they involve certain people I'm not comfortable around. I want to throw up if I hear that my stepdaughter and her unruly kids are coming. Sometimes I sit in a chair and just rock. I often get dizzy while out grocery shopping. Lately I've been experiencing lots of fatigue, inner shaking and chills, weakness and light-headedness. I just get thru the day, and that's it. I want to enjoy life!

rejanette
08-16-2009, 09:30 AM
So i was so proud of myself the past months because things been much better with anxiety.... Unfortunately it has come back...
I have been in this crying spells and even worst I had guests at home last week and was feeling more than ever anxious...
The thing is I' m going to vacation in Europe to visit my family and when I Came back from Europe last year I started having anxiety so I' m scared to have anxiety after my trip.... I see the therapist, I' m seeing her this week....
So I eel like a failure for having anxiety again....
My husband is very supportive but I think he's as well as confused as I' m for me having anxiety again...
Also I have had this back pain for one month now I went to see a DO who is going to work on my back... The pain is atrocious I think part of it is also anxiety...
I' m really fed up to go to the doc so often.
I need some support.
Thank you

Rejane

CindyE
08-16-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm sure your pain does make the anxiety worse. I have not been feeling well this week, and it really adds to my anxiety! I don't deal well with guests. Hubby is somewhat supportive, but doesn't really understand. I am lucky that he is not usually a real social type, so we don't have guests often! You are not a failure, you recognize your anxiety and are dealing with it! I have neck and back problems as well, and see a chiropractor. Lately, I've been going to a different one that does accupressure, and that seems to work pretty well. Today I forced myself to take the dog for a walk. We were by the river and saw a bald eagle- that made me smile for awhile~