PDA

View Full Version : lightheaded feeling

Melissa22
02-22-2006, 08:55 PM
ok it started on dec 16, it was daily for a month and then slowly went away and is now back since i began working out at a gym. its a feeling of almost dizziness but there is no spinning etc. i feel like i am gonna fall over but i never do. i thought it was migraines at first because of light being bothersome but none of the drs thought so. i saw MANY doctors. i had blood test for anemia and like 5 other things i dont remember but all were negative, i had a mri which they say showed nothing. i had a inner ear test which showed nothing and then i had a eye exam. the eye guy told me i had to have glasses for being on the comp and reading cuz i was farsighted and it seemd to take my headaches away but like i said the lightheaded feeling still comes quite often. the lady for the ear test said "it could be anxiety or it could be something in the ears that we would test on further in a month" ok first off i HATE when doctors say it could be.... ughhhh
but i wanted to ask what you guys all thought of her take on maybe anxiety??? mom thinks i need full time glasses. like a year or two ago i had chest pain problems and was told by one of three doctors i had anxiety. the other two said no. i am so confused and tired of this, cuz it really halts my life when it gets back. i cant do anything. please help!

soshy
02-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi Melissa22, and Welcome to the Anxiety Forum. So sorry to hear you are having so much lightheadedness. Sounds like you have been thoroughly examined physically! It's good you did have all those tests done to rule out an ailment. I've always had problems with light bothering my eyes, anxiety related or not.

Do you have any other symptoms? I know you mentioned chest pain and that one of the doctors said you had anxiety. Did they say your heart was ok? Feeling lightheaded and dizzy along with sensitivity to light is common for anxiety sufferers, but I cannot say for sure that's what you have.

My suggestion is to take some anxiety self tests. You can do this on this forum under Resources & Articles. There is a post named Anxiety and Depression Screening Tests. Try some of those and maybe this could help you determine what is going on. I would also suggest seeing a psychiatrist who specializes in anxiety disorders. He/She could also determine if this is physical or emotional.

I hope this helped. Let us know how it goes :) .

Take care, soshy

spicegirl479
03-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey you have had same symptoms as me ,i feel like im going to pass out or my vison feels blurry,got all the tests done and they found nothing then i was told to wear contacts lens 24/7.Which have helped slightly but i still sometimes feel that my eyes are going to explode.Personally i think its anxiety because these symptoms only began when i nearly had car accident.Im gonna ring doc tmrw becuse i need medication for this.Try putting cold cloth opn your eyes that helps and write down when your feeling dizzy spells is it in the open morning night? good luck to you and il keep you updated also!