PDA

View Full Version : Menopause and Anxiety?

DTrotter9
08-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Is there any one out there suffering from menopause and anxiety?
Give me your feedback please I have been dealing with this for 2 years.
Waiting for ur reply.

CindyE
08-15-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm 47 and getting close to menopause. I've really had issues lately- so bad that I was crying at the grocery store yesterday and feeling like I was the only person there who was all screwed up. I've always had some anxiety, but it has gotten worse. I also have hypoglycemia, and it seems the 2 feed off each other! I've had a rough week. I recently started therapy, partly because of this.

DTrotter9
08-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm 47 and getting close to menopause. I've really had issues lately- so bad that I was crying at the grocery store yesterday and feeling like I was the only person there who was all screwed up. I've always had some anxiety, but it has gotten worse. I also have hypoglycemia, and it seems the 2 feed off each other! I've had a rough week. I recently started therapy, partly because of this.

Thats good that u recently started therapy. Is it really helpful to u ?
So, can u pls tell me about this therapy in details. Bez i also want to do it. So, waiting for ur reply. Thanks.

CindyE
08-20-2009, 03:47 AM
Well, I've only had 2 visits so far, and another one later today. Hard to say for sure, but I feel like it could help. The first visit seemed to go real well. He had me get a book, The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook. I know he wants me to work on breathing exercises. I have gotten some good out of the book, but I think working with him will be better. I hope so, it's been pretty intense lately!
What are your symptoms? I've had lots of physical symptoms lately, I almost left work yesterday.

DTrotter9
08-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Well, I've only had 2 visits so far, and another one later today. Hard to say for sure, but I feel like it could help. The first visit seemed to go real well. He had me get a book, The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook. I know he wants me to work on breathing exercises. I have gotten some good out of the book, but I think working with him will be better. I hope so, it's been pretty intense lately!
What are your symptoms? I've had lots of physical symptoms lately, I almost left work yesterday.

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.
As u say about the book .. I also want to read it ..
So, can u pls tell me - may I buy it online ? is it avaible ? How much cost and which site/ where i will buy it ?

sentoria
08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I know how you feel. I am in perimenopause so everything is hitting me at once. You can find the book on Amazon, it's called The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmond J. Bourne and it is about $19 new. I can't post a link since I have less than 10 posts but go to Amazon.

CindyE
08-21-2009, 06:12 AM
yep, that's it, I got it on Amazon, too.

kim robin
08-22-2009, 12:47 AM
I guess sentoria had a good recommendation. Go for it.