PDA

View Full Version : Please, I require some advice for my anxiety..

KYJelly
08-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey, I'm new to the boards and extremely proud of the fact that there are others with a similar story to mine. I'm 19 years old and currently taking a low dose of "Clonazepam" but it's rather ineffective. I casually get an intense level of anxiety when I'm waiting for the bus or the train, before I go out I feel as if I have to use the bathroom even though I really don't want to go. Most importantly and the main reason as to why I'm attending a center today is because anxiety has through and through continuously messed up my attempts at getting back into school.....

Everytime I'm in a classroom (or at least the last time) I was overwhelmed with a rapid heartbeat, clenched teeth, unease of the stomach and constant irrational worries.... Please...any advice..

I'm sick and tired of this sh*t.

DTrotter9
08-11-2009, 12:29 AM
A natural remedy for anxiety is to breathe slowly and deeply, holding one’s breath for five to ten seconds and then exhaling slowly. By concentrating on the sound and feel of one’s breath, the racing thoughts and worries will be placed more in the back of the mind than as the dominant thoughts.

It can be like training a puppy because the anxious thoughts want to return, but you keep returning to the breath and staying centered. Another natural remedy for anxiety is to think about how what one person finds scary another person may not. Keeping this in mind helps to show that the reactions can be very much related to habits of thinking and one’s fears from the past.

Some people find a walk in the woods, trip to the beach or golf game to be a natural remedy for anxiety so it’s helpful to think about what will calm your nerves and create an inner harmony to design an activity or place to help change your mood.

KYJelly
08-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey DTrotter, thanks for the reply.

For the past 3-4 days I've been taking B-Complex and eating a much more healthy diet and I've been feeling better physically. I'm not sure if I can say the same for my negative thought process, are there any methods that can help me overthrow some of these irrational thoughts?

I consistently worry about my girlfriend (since she'll be gone for about a month) and my anxiety makes me question a lot of stuff which makes our relationship extremely unstable at times...and honestly I don't want to lose her, as she doesn't want to lose me.