PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Only one?

RayWilson85
08-07-2009, 01:23 PM
my main problem is that i go over every single conversation i had that day over and over in my head and on really bad days i'll go years back to conversations i have had and go over those in my head. which causes me to avoid contact and social situations with people. my question is does anyone else have this same problem?

Ryan21
08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
yes. i have done this before. Sometimes i go through conversations that i had the night before and i will criticize myself for things that i have said. If you do this my advice is to avoid the poor self-talk. Say positive things to yourself.

moggy
08-09-2009, 01:16 PM
i'm the same - when i was younger i also used to plan conversations in advance (especially with 'cool' blokes or girls), rehearse it in my head beforehand, monitor myself during the conversation and then play it back in my head and review how i did afterwards. it's exhausting just writing it down! it still do it sometimes, but to a much lesser extent - i think the older i got and the more time i spent with different people, the more practice i got at conversation and so the less i felt the need to do it.

toughgirl
03-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Yeah, I tend to think of the perfect response to something said in an earlier conversation when I'm alone and get really pissed off at myself for not thinking of it at the time. My main issue is that I don't want to be seen as weak or dumb in front of people. I try to act like I have it together, when inside I'm really anxious and want to scream for help. I have admitted to people that I have social phobia/anxiety. Mainly people I think I can trust. That list is extremely small :)
Usually I just can't converse with people who have been rude or intimidating to me in the past or I just find it harder to.

MikeJsimon
03-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Your subconscious plays a big part in the way you act and thus, techniques like positive affirmation helps re-train your mind to think positively and act positively as well.

Quoted from:
http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Things-You-Can-Do-to-Get-Rid-of-Negative-Thoughts&id=3327244

Tenson
12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Nope you are not the only one. I am always like this. But i usually just go back only some days with my conversations not years. :P

joannelovespersians
12-26-2010, 12:45 PM
hi, no you are not the only one. i do it a lot, especially at work, panic in case iv said the wrong thing, upset someone etc. i also find it hard to remember what iv said when im talking to people i find intimidating