PDA

View Full Version : what do YOU believe causes anxiety?

stella
08-05-2009, 07:40 PM
do you think it's genetics or your environment or both.

punisher
08-05-2009, 08:06 PM
For me it is definitley a combination of both.

rejanette
08-06-2009, 08:11 AM
For me it's living in the US and my family is in Europe and not being able to see them as much... I thin it's harder when you have kids to because you really want your kid to be part of the life of your parents.
Rejane

northstar
08-06-2009, 08:36 AM
for me it was diet, too much sugar, skipping meals and not eating properly & too much junk food. all this equalled anxiety. once i fixed that the anxiety disappeared :)

sugar & caffeine are two major factors in anxiety, if you consume a lot of either (including hidden sugars like in alcohol, soft drinks etc) then you need to take a look at it and see if cutting back helps :)

kattchi
08-06-2009, 01:37 PM
the first time in had it it was caused by the pill. This time around, i think it is poor lifestyle. It came back when id just moved house and had been stressed, living off crap food, drinking too much, not exercising enough etc. Now im looking after myself more its starting to improve a great deal.

Henry2128
08-09-2009, 03:08 AM
For me it was bad diet bad lifestyle and the fact the i have always been a worrier, i improved all these things to regain control. I think the most confusing thing for me at the time was that the causes were very subtle and it gave the sense that the anxiety had come from nowhere for no apparent reason.

moggy
08-09-2009, 01:10 PM
for me, it's hard to say for sure - my parents are both anxious people in different ways and i think that resulted in a far from ideal environment when i was growing up - so do i suffer from anxiety because i inherited it from their genes or did i just copy the way they behaved or responded to the environment they created for me to grow up in?

coops025
08-12-2009, 04:42 AM
For me it was prolonged sress at work and my boss was a complete bitch with me. (excuse my wording).

stella
08-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I honestly don't understand how you can "learn the anxiety behavior" :shock: :shock:

If you don't truly have it , how can you learn it? I never knew what anxiety was or what panic attacks were until I got it even though my mom would have them before...I didn't even understand what it was... so I don't see how I "learned" it from her.

Tywrap
08-16-2009, 06:39 AM
For me it was probably diet related. Latley I've been eating right but now that I'm away from my family, i feel kind of a seperation anxiety.

I also worry about stupid stuff or things I can't control. My wife says to says to chillax!! :P

CindyE
08-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Both for me. Both parents were worriers, plus they had other issues. Our home was a bit dysfunctional, and I never felt safe to discuss my fears, because mom would fly into a rage about something or other!
Years later, I really thought I was pretty well-adjusted, and handling stress well. But then certain events in my life caused stress. A spouse who sometimes has drinking issues and other personality disorders, a stepchild who has caused many problems and arguments, etc. Some unpleasant medical conditions, though they are not life-threatening. I see the warning signs of these things occurring again, and anxiety rears it's ugly head! After awhile, it seems my body has just learned to have anxiety all on it's own.

cjdelphi
08-18-2009, 10:59 PM
for me it's child hood experience i had some traumatic events that took place for years on end and that followed through to my adult years, im 28 now and suffering worse than ever.