PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxatine ?

Weeze Begs
08-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Anybody been on it/ come off it/side effects.

Been taking it for 4 weeks now and I do feel better ?

tinkerbell
08-11-2009, 12:51 AM
I took Fluoxetine for a while and Citalopram before that, but haven't found that either help much so I am going to try counselling. I think the med just made me tired and irritable and this was not a good thing as I have 2 children to look after. Also I don't want to become too dependant on drugs, so will see how I get on! :?

fernandogress
08-12-2009, 12:16 AM
In the last several years, Prozac (Fluoxetine) has become the most widely prescribed anti-depressant in the western world. Besides treating depression, Prozac is used to treat obsessive-compulsive and panic disorders. It is the oldest SSRI,with twenty years of research behind it showing now known long-term side effects. Prozac has few side effects when compared to other anti-depressant drugs, but common side effects may include dry mouth, constipation, urinary retention, sedation, and weight gain.
Prozac is associated with insomnia, restlessness, nausea, and tension headaches, which normally go away within one to two weeks from the time it was first taken. One possible Prozac side effect, which remains for the time it is taken, is its effect on your sex life. It often reduces desire and can delay or interfere with orgasm, in both women and men. Fatigue and memory loss are other possible problems. These side effects subside when you stop taking the drug.