PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and panic attacks all the time!!!

leon34
07-31-2009, 08:23 AM
hi I'm a 33 years old male, for couple years now i always this severe anxiety / panic disorder.since i lost my uncle from my mother side with colone cancer.
I ALWAYS feel like i'm sick (chest pain, choking (lump in throat), headache, stomach ache, muscle ache, backache.. EVERYDAY ITS SOMTHING NEW!)

I constantly convince myself that I have some horrible disease.

I can't go one day without thinking somthing wrong with my body. when i'm at work i get this chilling and i get cold and then sweating like crazy and the A/C's ON. and i feel like i wanna cry for no reason, and i just want to leave my job and get out.

my family especially my wife standing beside me with this but it's killing me and i can't enjoy my new born baby with these thoughts, bad thought all the time.

i went to my PCP and he prescribed FLUOXETINE HCL 20Mg worked for a while and everything back to normal for few weeks, but now again when under stress of any kind these thought start coming back.

i always think i have something wrong with me, but all the doctors i went to they assured me nothing wrong. i did so many blood tests and CAT scan and went to ER suffering from numbness in my face and neck and around my lips and eyes and other stuff and the doctor told me nothing wrong with me everything came back O.K.... and he think it's just a panic attack....any one suffering from this or just me....is this normal.

any help on how to take these thought from my head.....please help.

rejanette
07-31-2009, 09:03 AM
I' m like you always think that something is wrong.... The little pain in my body become a big one because I' m making even bigger because i think it's something worst.... I might have had all kind of diseases the last months... So I' m doing relaxation exes and try to go on with my body...
For the rest having a new baby can cause a lot of stress.
It's good to know that your wife is behind you and supporting you.
Have you tried therapy it's been helping me alot and since then I do have less panic attacks, I used to have them all the times anywhere I was going...
I know the feeling of cold it's due to stress and anxiety... Wanted to cry was pretty in my link as well....
Running or going for walks is helping me a lot, changing my diet and all of it helped as well...
Good Luck

Rejane

leon34
07-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi Rejane,

And thanks for your response, really helpful to know that you are not alone suffering from this...I'll try to do some changes with my life and hope it will work.

txdave36
07-31-2009, 09:04 PM
hi I'm a 33 years old male, for couple years now i always this severe anxiety / panic disorder.since i lost my uncle from my mother side with colone cancer.
I ALWAYS feel like i'm sick (chest pain, choking (lump in throat), headache, stomach ache, muscle ache, backache.. EVERYDAY ITS SOMTHING NEW!)

I constantly convince myself that I have some horrible disease.

I can't go one day without thinking somthing wrong with my body. when i'm at work i get this chilling and i get cold and then sweating like crazy and the A/C's ON. and i feel like i wanna cry for no reason, and i just want to leave my job and get out.

my family especially my wife standing beside me with this but it's killing me and i can't enjoy my new born baby with these thoughts, bad thought all the time.

i went to my PCP and he prescribed FLUOXETINE HCL 20Mg worked for a while and everything back to normal for few weeks, but now again when under stress of any kind these thought start coming back.

i always think i have something wrong with me, but all the doctors i went to they assured me nothing wrong. i did so many blood tests and CAT scan and went to ER suffering from numbness in my face and neck and around my lips and eyes and other stuff and the doctor told me nothing wrong with me everything came back O.K.... and he think it's just a panic attack....any one suffering from this or just me....is this normal.

any help on how to take these thought from my head.....please help.

I am 36 and have the same problems. I am a total hypchrondriac in constant fear of health issues. I will get chest pains out of the blue, and worry about heart attacks. Lately, I've been battling numbness sensations in my fingers and now my feet! I go to the doctor and they never can give me a definite diagnosis. They only increase my fears with the guessing games. Now it appears that I have cubital tunnel syndrome which is depressing me greatly.