PDA

View Full Version : Will it go away?

Opsrey
07-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Howdy Everyone,Just recently I was diagnosed that I had anxiety.About Sunday I started having a hard time to keep my breath,I odd sensation.About two years ago I had the same problem,but it went away in a few days.My question to you guys is,Can Anxiety stay dormant for that long and only come out on certain times?

I am currently taking XaneX .2 that they gave me.

Any feedback or tips,anything would be really nice!

Thanks!

coops025
07-31-2009, 06:28 AM
From the many posts i have read about Anxiety i will say yes it can lay dorment.

Please list your syptoms and maybe i or others can help you out.

Opsrey
07-31-2009, 09:27 AM
Its like I have to manually breath,Like my body doesn't do it for me.

Charlene
07-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi Opsrey,

Generally speaking, it won't go away permanently on its own. Otherwise, as coops025 put it, it sort of can "lay dormant" for years, and if the right stressors that precipated the original bout of panic return, one can suffer again. In order to overcome anxiety disorder one must learn how to deal with it when it is here, rather than wait for it to dissipate on it's own. This is why in most cases medication doesn't work. It can hide your symptoms, mask your feelings, dull your senses, but it won't teach you how to cope when stressful situations arise. Trying to run from your anxiety or hide from it or escape it, will only frighten you more. You can't run from yourself. And it's you who is creating all this anxiety. It's your thoughts about your situation, your circumstance, your body symptoms....it's all you.

Once you realize that you are in full control of your thoughts, you can stop the crazy rollercoaster of feelings and thoughts before they take you away to a frightening state. You do have the power to control your thoughts. It is extremely difficult to do. It takes a whole lot of focus and patience and practice. But it can be done.

Just to ease your mind, your body knows how to breathe all on its own, it doesn't need you to tell it to breathe. Sometimes people who suffer from panic and anxiety disorder begin to hold their breath. They don't do it on purpose, but they begin to breathe more and more shallow, taking in more air without breathing enough of it out. It's very common. But nobody drops dead from this. Honest!