PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Help please

BroncoII
02-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone I'am new to the board and need some help. I went to the doctor awhile back for axniety. He gave me paxil cr 25mg at night. I took it about 3 months it helped some but it brought new axniety on. I decided to get off of it My doctor told me paxil is not addtive. Well i'am on the second week off of paxil and I have these shocks in my body, headachs, dizzy spells along with my anxiety. IN them 3 months i gained 20 pounds. I asked my doctor about xanax for my anxiety but said it's too addtive and paxil isn't so took his word for it. My anxiety is controling my life. I lost my job I worked with my brotherin law. I got another job my anxiety was so bad I would get up hours before I had to leave for work and prance around, driving to work was trebile I almost got in wrecks. By the time work started I was worn out. When i got home I would go right to sleep. I quit becasue the anxiety, I'am so scared to get a job. I'am not scared to work at all. I can't take it no more! I don't know what to do. I'am going to go back to my doctor and see if he can put me on xanax. Paxil did not helpmme me a job. What should I do?

thanks Justin

slippery when wet
02-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Justin

I'm going to go back to my doctor and see if he can put me on xanax.

I went to the doctors the first time about anxiety a couple of days ago.

It seemed very important to him to know if my anxiety was constant or I knew in advance the situations that caused it. My anxiety only comes up in certain situations so would only need to take something occasionally.

Xanax is apparently good for this as and from what I have read about it, it's addictive physically. If you take it occasionally it's OK.

BTW tried the Xanax yesterday for the first time and personally didn't like the feeling much but I'll try it again at work to see if it's OK.

From what I've read there seems to be a few different medications that relieves anxiety from different angles and it may take a while to find one that's OK for you. Keep at it!

SWW

visar
03-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I understand you I hade the same situation but I talk with my brother about it, and about my filings and fears that I get, you should know that everybody has this anxiety but in different ways.

I made it like this, for every bad thought, I started to produce a positive side of it like

Hi is not going to like me proposal and hi is going to fire me and so on and so on,

I star to think I made e proposal he requested with my ideas I did my part hi can liked or not liked but I did my work, cause I worked hard on it and I believe in my intelligence.

Walk out side every day and don’t think anything just watch the trees or anything that surrounds you. I go to mosque every Friday and thank god for everything and ask his protection from this evil thing. I do sports like soccer 3 times a week.

This is your medicine, remember fight you fear with true facts and positive arguments, its like fighting with you self.

All the best,