PDA

View Full Version : Sleep paralysis :D

Knawx
07-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Okay, so I just wanted to share my experience with Sleep paralysis so that anyone who may be experiencing it, or may experience it in the future won't be afraid of it.

Sleep paralysis can affect anyone, but people with anxiety are at a higher risk.

Basically Sleep paralysis is when you wake up from sleeping (usually napping) you find that you are completely awake, but cannot move a muscle, and you cannot speak. Until after a few moments you are able to snap out of it.

The first time this happened to me, I was convinced something was terribly wrong, and I was scared to research it. However, after many, many episodes and research I can confirm that not only is it harmless, but now I find it kind of awesome when it happens :D - That might sound sort of sick, but honestly i'm just amazed at what our minds are capable of and Sleep paralysis is something I'm happy to have experienced.

If anyone else here has experienced this, I'd love to hear about it.

Here is a wiki link if you want to learn more about it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Nausea
07-24-2009, 08:27 AM
It's happened to me around two or three times - fortunately, I had already known what it was. I was never worried by it, knowing it to be both harmless and normal. I actually found it to be kind of cool too.

Knawx
07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
It's happened to me around two or three times - fortunately, I had already known what it was. I was never worried by it, knowing it to be both harmless and normal. I actually found it to be kind of cool too.

haha, that's awesome :)

dtrotter
07-28-2009, 12:22 AM
i heard of that b4. Some do sees a demon sitting on top of them, making them paralyze and unable to move for an hour or two.