PDA

View Full Version : prozac

caseman
02-16-2006, 06:05 PM
my doc prescribed me prozac, any one here tried or is on prozac?

soshy
02-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey Caseman - I've heard of it and know some people on it, they seem to be doing well. Prozac is in the family of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI)....like Paxil, Zoloft. I take Paxil and it really helps with the anxiety along COB (cognitive-behavior therapy). Paxil stops the physical symptoms and emotional responses of anxiety.

The meds helped because my anxiety was so bad. Even though I had years of COB, which helped me 50%, I still didn't have enough control to stop the escalation when a bad panic attack would hit me. Now, the meds only let me get anxious up to certain point and that's when I use what I've learned in therapy to stop the escalation....it's great!

Have you started taking it yet and what dosage did this doc give you?

ttyl (Teensy, Tiny, Yellow Lillies) :tongue:

soshy

caseman
02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
heyyy soshy how are ya? i havnt started taking it yet because i get so worked up about taking medicines and think that they gave me the wrong prescription or that im going to have the worst possible side affects so hopefully i will get over that and start taking it becuase i heard it helps with the unreality thing and that is really annoying lol (laugh out loud) :D . they told me to start off with 5 mg for one week then up it to ten mg...thanx for the reply take care and ttyl - Casey

soshy
02-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey - I'm doing alright. 5mgs is a nice low dose to start. I know how scary it can be to start taking a med. It took me three years to start taking the Paxil - I don't want that to happen to you! Maybe when you decide to take it have a support person around. I take mine at night. Throw yourself an Rx sleep over party :D !

Let me know how it goes.

Take easy babe :)

soshy