PDA

View Full Version : Pain?

R2R
07-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Has/Does anyone have physical pain from their anxiety? I believe I do and have for years. It feels like someone is squeezing my stomach from the time I wake, to the time I fall asleep. I just started seeing a therpaist and she agrees its very possible. It gets much worse under stressful situations but its always there.

coops025
07-21-2009, 03:34 AM
I had a painfull pressure in my head for a while but nothing with my stomatch. Are you taking meds?

R2R
07-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I had a painfull pressure in my head for a while but nothing with my stomatch. Are you taking meds?

No im not. My therapist has offered them but they scare me. I dont know if its my anxiety or the constant pain but i always feel exhausted even after a good nights sleep. It severely affects my concentraion and my motivation. And to top it off I had to watch my dad die a few weeks ago and there was nothing I could do about it.

janelle82
07-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Yes...that's a signal to me that its becoming a problem. Depression or anxiety can manifest itself physically (because your brain can't handle it at the time I guess?). I seem to always have something hurting, yet it doesn't make sense logically why different things would always be wrong. This was what my neurologist told me.

ThePhoenix
07-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Has/Does anyone have physical pain from their anxiety? I believe I do and have for years. It feels like someone is squeezing my stomach from the time I wake, to the time I fall asleep. I just started seeing a therpaist and she agrees its very possible. It gets much worse under stressful situations but its always there.

Yeah anxiety can cause all kinds of pain, sometimes because the stress is causing the muscles to seize up and sometimes you are putting that much focus on it that it creates pain. If theres something I am anxious of for whatever reason you can garauntee it will start to hurt after awhile!