PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping is Hell. Chatter. Crazy? Please put me at ease.

TylerBC
07-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Hello all.

I first got anxiety a long time ago. It wasn’t that bad, I worked through it.

Then recently, I had a huge panic attack when I started freaking out thinking I had schizophrenia. I researched a lot and found that a lot of other people had this obsession. But alas, even after I understood logically that I didn’t, the anxiety stuck around and now I’m currently dealing with that.

I read Panic Away and it’s helping me. So far I’m just taking baby steps. But sleeping is hell. As soon as I close my eyes to try and fall asleep, my mind starts racing. It jumps up. I know a lot of people have mind chatter, but it’s just so intense. I’ll start talking to myself and even visualizing people and talk to them. It happens very shortly after I close my eyes when my body starts relaxing. It never happens during the day, only when I lay down to go to sleep. As soon as I realize I’m doing it, I try to calm down but the fear that I’m going nuts comes back.. Like I get afraid that I’m not going to realize I’m doing it and that I am schizophrenic.

I’m so scared and so worn out. Am I crazy?

coops025
07-20-2009, 03:18 AM
I had mind chatter for a long time also but no really due to Anxiety, it was because i was playing comuter games till very late then as soon as i switched it off i went to bed. My mind would contine to race of thoughts from the game i was playing.

After a few months i decided to stop stimulating my mind so late at night and find something more relaxing to do that takes very little Brain power. Just watching some gentle television and having a cup of camomile tea an hour or so before i went to bed did the trick.

Basicly try to get your mind into a rested state before you go to bed.

Hope this helps :)

(HAWK)
07-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Oh man,I have this all the time I feel like HELL when it happens!When it happens my mind feels like its in the twlight zone,it is very hard to think of one thing because your mind races so fast with such weird and stupid thigs!I think all it is,is an anxcious mind trying to rest.I think I posted some posts here that sound just like you.

The best thing to do is just ecept it! :shock: