PDA

View Full Version : Caffine/ Panic

r7Ant
07-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey guys just after some advice.

Ive been taking thermogenic fat burning pills which provides around 400mg of caffine a day along wih a pre workout intensifier which gives me another 400mg along with a couple of cups of coffee each day

Ive had two incidents recently were ive suddenly just felt like i was losing control, all shakey hot and that i just had to get out of the situation i was in not nice and a bit scary. Now ive been obsessing about them its making me constantly feel like im gonna have another episode and when is it going to happen

Has anyone else had this and do you think the caffine is to blame???

ThePhoenix
07-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Its seems pretty likely caffiene would be to blame, try cutting out either the workout instensifier or the fat burning pills and see how that works for you. If no change try cutting out the other one and then both.

Honestly the benefits of the fat burning pills are very minimal is it is and the sheer volume of caffiene would be causing your whole system to race so your probably better off without them anyway.

dtrotter
07-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Ive had two incidents recently were ive suddenly just felt like i was losing control, all shakey hot and that i just had to get out of the situation i was in not nice and a bit scary.

That's over dosage of caffeine. Simple as that. You can actually find those symptom via wikipedia or google :) Don't get all work up over it

coops025
07-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Caffine is one of the key factors of triggering an Anxiety attack let me tell you.

I even tried a test by having no caffine for weeks and then one day i had lots of coffee. The day i had lots of coffee i ended up having to leave work early and was bed bound for the rest of the night, shaking and feeling very disoritated.

So anyone who likes coffee needs to take a big step back or find a de-caff alternative seriously, its BAD.

rejanette
07-20-2009, 08:34 AM
I used to drink lot of coffee.. I was always on the go wherever i went i needed coffee i used to drink 6 to 10 cups of coffee when my doctor told me to stop avoid coffee i first was in a bad state i could have no longer coffee... I talked a while back to my doctor who told me that one cup a day was ok... So i have one cup only in the morning... and i replaced coffee with water at first it was really strange but now water is natural i used to hate drinking water... Believe me cutting my coffee intake done big for me. I tried decaf to but it was messing up my stomach and i was having headaches.
Rejane

r7Ant
07-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the advice guys.

Been to the docs today and he did a few checks blood preesure etc which must of been through the roof because i was pretty stressed in there.

He said it was high but probably because i was worried. I mentioned the caffine but he didnt seen that fussed by it!!!!!! I told him i was on about 800mg a day but just said it probably wasnt helping.

Booked in for bloods and ECG on fri then he talked about my anxiety issues ehich ive had before and asked how counselling worked for me last time.

Ive stopped with the caffine now and am feeling pretty drained/ headache etc. Of course now the damge has been done and my obsessive thoughts have kicked in constantly telling me "your going to have another attack any minute" :(

Is there a timeline of when the anxiety starts to subside after stopping caffine?

coops025
07-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Dont worry about the headaches etc, when you just stop caffine your body can sometimes react in a bad way, if you find its too much just reduce your caffine intake over time.

Remember that your body is going through a fight right now with your emotions and Anxiety so treat it well and it will do the same to you. Keep in mind a heathly diet and mild exercise.

I used to feel drained all the time but when i started to eat better and cut out the caffine i felt 1000 times better. Think about it... keeping your body on a caffine high all the time to keep you going will have to give at some point.

Dont forget that constant worry will add to you being tired also. I know i cant say stop worrying because i know thats its not as simple as that but try your best to focus on something else rather than your problems.

Good luck and dont worry about the ECG i bet it will come back normal so you can put your mind at reast.