PDA

View Full Version : What do I do???

cohiba357
07-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Looking for some advice... I got laid off from my job almost 3 months ago. At first it wasn't too bad, and now it feels like I'm not gonna make it thru the day. My anxiety levels are high, I'm having a really hard time sleeping, lack of appetite and panic attacks are occurring more often. I do see a therapist and I'm on adavan and lexipro and still feeling this way. I try to keep myself occupied but I really have to watch my income. Not sure what to do anymore.

James

thehatchedegg
07-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi James,

I am so sorry about your job. Sounds like you are stressed to the max. Try not to look at the whole picture but break it down. Make sure you are trying to take care of yourself.

Making an action plan works for me. Hopefully it will all turn around for you soon.

All the best,
Amy

cohiba357
07-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Thats could very well be the problem. I'm trying to get myself into some sort of routine but with the lack of sleep and lack of real desire has been making that difficult. Maybe I'm trying to push myself too hard or not hard enough. I don't know anymore...

thehatchedegg
07-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Try to just make a list and then only focus on one thing at a time. There is lots you are stressing about that you have no control over. Only work the things you have control over.

It will get better. Just stay focused & try not to be overwhelmed.

All the best,
Amy