PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Sal
02-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for your replies. I have been suffering with agoraphobia for about five months. It developed do to a traumatic experience. I had caught a parasite which took me down for months. I was leaving everyday for work going from house to house worried about soiling myself. I am a technition, or at least I was.
My Symptoms are ... Well I rarely get into a store, and I have a panic attack if standing in lines. I am affraid to drive, but been working hard to. I was house bound at first, but have made a lot of progress. I also have managed to get to a psychiatrist, who seems to be very good. He gives me plans of attack, and I am currently taking "zoloft". Well that sum's it up, I think.
Thanks again Sal

soshy
02-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Hey Sal - Last year during the summer, the sewer in my house had backed up in the basement. I had cleaned everything with bleach. As careful as I tried to be, I did get sick...very sick with E. coli. This took me down for months. I had a severe gastrointestinal infection. I had "the runs" for months and thought I'd never get better. I was afraid to go anywhere because my bowel was not controllable, so I know what you're saying about leaving the house. That along with anxiety is horrible. I was so weak, as I assume you were. Feeling weak all the time and sick for months made my anxiety bad.

Sorry to hear you had to go through that :( .

I'm glad you sought help for the anxiety and have made some progress. How's the Zoloft working for you?

Take it easy - soshy

brickyard_red
02-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey Sal, very glad to hear that you are better and that you are seeing a dr. that is seeming to help! I think you've made big steps in helping yourself. I'm proud of you! :goodjob:

Cath :)

Sal
02-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks a bunch for your support. Soshy Zoloft is working great for me, it has lifted a lot of weight of my shoulders. Thanks again Sal