PDA

View Full Version : Some Progress

TULA
07-15-2009, 03:05 AM
I was at the Supermarket yesterday and had another sudden panic attack.

I decided there and then to take action, so finding a quiet corner sat down and concentrated on my breathing.

The attack ran it's usual course but this time I felt more in control(I also tried to relax more and thought of good things that had happened over the past week).

I realise I am not over this problem but feel more optomistic about the future now.

Tula

coops025
07-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Nice to see you handled it well, i find that supermarkets are hard to deal with but i dont avoid them as i want to face my fears :)

Have you tride listening to an MP3 player when you are in a supermarket? Works amazingly well.

rejanette
07-15-2009, 07:44 AM
congrats,

I practice lot of breathing exercises when i can... At one point i could not walk to the other end of the mall and I' m working in the mall so it was really difficult...
I feel anxious at times to go in a grocery store but over the past months I did some work about it... I used to have to go my shopping and then had to be out out of the doors right away...
Now i enjoy shopping again...
Congrats you are a step closer
Rejane

TULA
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi Coops025

That's a great idea.

I'll certainly try it

Best wishes
Tula

TULA
07-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi Rejanette

Thanks for the support

Much appreciated

Regds
Tula

dtrotter
07-19-2009, 10:47 PM
this is a great way to control it at the moment it happens. im certainly will share it with my friends when i see them again. tthanks again