PDA

View Full Version : newbie

Sal
02-15-2006, 08:47 PM
:roll: Hello everyone,
my name is Sal. I have been reading other people's posts on this board, and figured I should register. I am 22 years old, and suffer from agoraphobia. I am just looking for support to get through this tough time in my life, and maybe make a few friends while doing it.

Iain
02-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Hi Sal
Just came to this forum myself.
I avoid going out shopping pubs & clubs, i love going out into the country when i feel up to it. I fear my symptoms not the place i am going to.

How long have you had your problem & what are your symptoms,

hope you manage to get out & enjoy yourself from time to time.

Regards
Iain

soshy
02-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Hello Sal - I'm so glad you found this forum. Sorry to hear you have agoraphobia. Having anxiety/panic attacks may seem like your life is trapped in fear, but you can get through this :!: I did and I was house bound and panicking everyday :shock: .
Now that's in the past. Back then I thought I'd never get better.

It's great you're looking for support - you've come to right place!
The people here are seasoned with a wealth of information and this is a safe place to express yourself and you will find people who are going through the same things you are.

Take care :) , soshy

brickyard_red
02-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Welcome Sal, glad to see you here. You will definately find friends here. And the support is wonderful. We all here know what it is like to be afraid and full of anxiety to all different levels. Never be afraid to say what you are feeling or what is going on in your mind, k? We are all here to help each other and I can't remember seeing anything here where anyone was mean. Not yet anyway, and I"m sure if we ever do it will be dealt with swiftly. :) Glad to have you on board!!

Cath :)