PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Hangover

Snufkin
07-02-2009, 05:43 PM
does anyone ever get a hangover after having a panic attack or severe anxiety?
ive been feeling like ive been hungover since my panic attack yesterday. i have a headache and just a general feeling like my brain been drained from something. i had been agitated till about this afternoon and had difficulty concentrating... feeling very lethargic. any way you can help alleviate these symptoms?

coops025
07-03-2009, 04:45 AM
Sounds like it may be De-realisation to me, or brian fog.

Look it up and see if it matches.

koolaid86
07-03-2009, 06:51 PM
This may sound strange but try drinking something like a protein shake or a Gatorade after severe attacks. It might be that you need to replenish some of the nutrients etc. that were lost when your heart and muscles were being pumped with adrenaline.

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but sometimes after severe anxiety I've had feelings similar to those I'll get after an intense workout.

Just a thought.

fernandogress
07-06-2009, 02:04 AM
I think..Medication is not the best way to reduce anxiety, you want to talk to a psychologist and they will help you with cognitive therapy. Cognitive therapy is a permanent solution where as medication stops working after you stop taking.
Best of Luck.

micmic
07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I used to feel like that too, like a really bad hangover!

Snufkin
07-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I used to feel like that too, like a really bad hangover!

did you also used to get these "out of body" sort of feelings, i guess of derealization?

its destroying me right now! how did you get over it?