PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks

rd7593
06-28-2009, 03:05 PM
I am 34 years old and suffering for panic attacks. I feel dizzy and surreal like I am out of body. Sometimes I get a feeling like I am going to pass out, but I never really have from it. Getting a haircut is really hard, because when I feel trapped it sends it into over drive.

This has been going on since I was 20 or 21. I didnt know what it was until my girlfriend made me goto a doctor and they gave me effexor, which I just got on a couple of years ago. It seems to help, but just lately I am having another attack. What has changed is I have added mult vitamins and b complex viatmin and a iron pill.

I hate this so much, I wish it would just go away, maybe I should talk to my doctor about my medication.

(HAWK)
06-28-2009, 10:11 PM
I hate the unreal feeling! People are saying Amino acids help anxiety alot!
Hope you get better :D

Georgec
06-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey,

Medication should be taken with some kind of therapy. It doesn't matter if it is from a professional or a book as long as you are doing something to learn more about yourself and the way your mind works. Anxiety definitely goes beyond the physical brain most of the time.

Exercise really helps a lot of people. When I had anxiety I couldn't exercise because my racing heart would scare me into a panic attack until I stopped.

Working through anxiety for me required looking into myself and working out some inner problems.

Changing diet and exercise should always be the first step though.

If you have any questions or if you just want to chat about your anxiety let me know.

Thanks,

George

fernandogress
07-08-2009, 02:41 AM
I also think..Panic attacks are frightening but fortunately physically harmless episodes. They can occur at random or after a person is exposed to various events that may "trigger" a panic attack. They peak in intensity very rapidly and go away with or without medical help.
People experiencing panic attacks may fear they are dying, that they are suffocating, or that they are having a heart attack. They may voice fears that they are "going crazy" and seek to remove themselves from whatever situation they may be in.
Some people may begin breathing very rapidly and complain that their "hearts are jumping around in their chest." Then, within about an hour, the symptoms fade away.About 5% of the population will experience panic attacks during their lifetimes. People who have repeated attacks require further evaluation from a mental health professional. Panic attacks can indicate the presence of panic disorder, depression, or other forms of anxiety-based illnesses.