PDA

View Full Version : Blogging Helped me! How About you?

dtrotter
06-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Hey guys,

I started blogging about my anxiety and my thoughts 2 years ago. Every time i had something in my mind, i will write it down and express it via my blog. It seems to help me a lot. I got that idea from one of the anxiety site, which i have forgotten. It reinforces the fact that i am not alone when someone comments upon my blog posts :)

I wonder if anyone does the same thing and How effective it is?

Wes
09-30-2009, 08:41 AM
I find it great, too! Expressing what goes on inside oneself is a liberating experience indeed, especially knowing it may help other people :) And no doubt, hearing the experiences of others who truly understand and are going / have gone through the same is a great way to learn and contextualize things.

Midnight Sky
10-03-2009, 08:10 AM
it's definitely helping. also by writing down ur thoughts u become more aware of them and u learn how to handle them better and how to steer them in the right direction cos u just notice when u're way off track after a while :)

nikolsaid
10-23-2009, 01:59 AM
I started doing this approx 2 or 2 months ago. One of the best ideas ever. Its amazing to see progress or changes and be able to recognize it.

Steve_P
08-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey guys,

I started blogging about my anxiety and my thoughts 2 years ago. Every time i had something in my mind, i will write it down and express it via my blog. It seems to help me a lot. I got that idea from one of the anxiety site, which i have forgotten. It reinforces the fact that i am not alone when someone comments upon my blog posts :)

I wonder if anyone does the same thing and How effective it is?

Absolutely! Once I started going to support groups for my anxiety it helped me feel more normal and that I wasn't alone in my struggle.

The more people I opened up to, the more people told me their own anxiety stories!

I think it's a great reminder that we're all human, and we're all in this together. Keep up the blogging, good stuff!

razza87
08-19-2010, 01:16 PM
I have also started to recently set up a blog which relates to my past experiences of anxiety. It's a great tool as you can share information with others on how you dealt with anxiety and hopefully be helpful at the same time.

sherlockevans01
10-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Wow! Great post. I was really lookng for this kind of post. Im interested finding more posts about this topic. Anyone here can suggest where should I go? Thanks a lot.
Sherlock Evans

leslie132
10-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I've actually gone through something similar! I think blogging is a wonderful platform because we get to connect with so many like minded people and in a way, that somehow changes you