PDA

View Full Version : Doctors

Littlebobo
02-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Hello All,

Well Doctors have told me that i may also be depressed and to be honest i do feel down but just not sure that i am actually depressed i mean normally i am quite a jolly person but just recently everything gets to me or triggers me off dumb i know but i just cant help it ..I am sure that my boyfriend thinks that I am a nut even though he i really trying to support me through this ..i can not focus on anything and just want to do everyone a favour and go away :(

Does any one ever get twitches like uncontrollable or sweating even when you are not hot ..i am just fed up with feeling like this i feel so down i am supposed to be going on holiday soon and i just dont want to go ..I would rather just sit at home and never go anywhere :(..is this normal too feel like this or is this depression sorry i am rambling i am just so confused

soshy
02-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi Littlebobo - It's extremely common for people with anxiety to also suffer from depression. The stress of having anxiety goes hand in hand with depression. The less anxiety you have, the less depression you will have.

When my anxiety used to be very bad, I use to get twitches all over my body and especially my eyes. I remember the first time I woke up and my right eye kept twitching. I never had my face twitch before....I completely freaked out and called my therapist. She said it was normal, very normal and that it will go away. I had that darn twitch for three days. It finally stopped.

I have friends who have anxiety and they get twitches too, and it goes away. So try not to worry because it's the body's natural reaction to stress.

The sweating is normal too. I still can break a sweat in a flash if I start to get anxiety. I hate it! Even in the middle of winter! I make sure I wear layers so I can chill myself to help stop the sweating.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I know what it's like to have a racing mind full of anxiety. Sounds like you're having anticipatory anxiety. You're going to be ok. I know that is hard to believe.

Take some moments and sit down and deep breath, and when you exhale tell yourself you are blowing out the anxiety, out of your body.

Take care sweetie,

soshy

Littlebobo
02-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks a bunch i have never heard of anticipatory anxiety what is that and what makes you think that i might have that ..?

Sorry if i do go on a bit i know that i tend to ramble so thanks for listening.

soshy
02-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Worrying about an upcoming event or having anxiety about going somewhere before you do....working yourself up about something to the point where you have anxiety - is anticipatory anxiety.
All of us here have it. Worrying about what's going to happen regarding are anxiety in situations.

What is the Holiday that is coming up?

soshy

Littlebobo
02-15-2006, 04:38 AM
It is my friends wedding in Cuba i hate going away as i always have tons of things to do and that sends me into a right panic.

i know people will think i am mad but i just would rather not go although i can not wait to see my friend walk down the ailse i just get so uptight that something bad will happen.

do you think this could be what is making me feel like this ?

scatmantom
02-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi

Ive not been able to go on a holiday for exactly the same reason. I just get over whelmed with WHAT IFS and it makes things so hard to go thru with. The fact im so far from home makes it all the worse if something bad does happen. Just sucks really...but the only way to get over it is to deal with it and take the trip.#

tom