PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever had a panic attack n gone blind?

jemmalou1992
06-24-2009, 04:42 PM
its been worrying me for over a year now, the first time i experienced a panic attack or asthma attack, i stil dont know! i like went blind for about a few minutes, like the blood had rushed to ma head but stayed there, eventualy wen i sat down for a while it came back. It scared hell out of me and i now live in fear of it. At the time i was apparently breathin rapidly and i felt like when i was takin a breath it jus didnt go in, anyone have any ideas?

bethann11374
06-25-2009, 09:27 PM
its been worrying me for over a year now, the first time i experienced a panic attack or asthma attack, i stil dont know! i like went blind for about a few minutes, like the blood had rushed to ma head but stayed there, eventualy wen i sat down for a while it came back. It scared hell out of me and i now live in fear of it. At the time i was apparently breathin rapidly and i felt like when i was takin a breath it jus didnt go in, anyone have any ideas?

By no means am I a doctor...but my opinion is maybe you went blind like because from your rapid breathing you said you were having almost caused you to pass out. I know i almost passed out once when my daughter got a tooth pulled and my sight and hearing was leaving me there for a few. Just a thought not a diagnosis. Hope maybe that was of some help to ease your mind.

jemmalou1992
06-26-2009, 04:49 AM
thanks for tht, yea makes sense. Dont know wat caused it to begin with tho :s My eyes jus randomly started goin yellow, so i started panicin and then i went blind. x thanks again!

(HAWK)
06-26-2009, 04:56 AM
thanks for tht, yea makes sense. Dont know wat caused it to begin with tho :s My eyes jus randomly started goin yellow, so i started panicin and then i went blind. x thanks again!Not to scare you but you should tell your doctor,because my mom had this along time ago because she has (MS).

dtrotter
06-26-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't know anything about people getting blind from panic attack. Actually, it seem like, i have friends who have similar problem as you, but none of them get blinded.

Robbed
06-27-2009, 05:50 AM
As far as people going permanently blind after a panic attack, it may have happened. But I would say that it is highly unlikely that the panic attack had anything to do with it.

Hanino
06-28-2009, 02:16 AM
jemmalou

There were a few times that I would get tunnel vision or even blurry vision like everything would go dark purple but never a complete loss of sight.

When you say, "I like went blind for about a few minutes." are you saying that you had a complete loss of vision? Did you start or stop taking any sort of medication suddenly? Do you have any sort of eye problems? Has this only happened once?

You said your eyes just started going yellow, If they are you need to see a doctor even if this has not happened in a while, you might have Jaundice or some other eye problem.

Hanino

(HAWK)
07-01-2009, 05:11 AM
jemmalou

There were a few times that I would get tunnel vision or even blurry vision like everything would go dark purple but never a complete loss of sight.

When you say, "I like went blind for about a few minutes." are you saying that you had a complete loss of vision? Did you start or stop taking any sort of medication suddenly? Do you have any sort of eye problems? Has this only happened once?

You said your eyes just started going yellow, If they are you need to see a doctor even if this has not happened in a while, you might have Jaundice or some other eye problem.

HaninoHanino you always have good info! ;) My mom has lost her vision on more than one occasion and she went to the doctor and found out that it was due to MS multiple sclerosis. I think if you have eye problems that impair your vision you should seek a doctor.

Georgec
07-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I agree with the above answers here.

I have also had the feeling of light hotheadedness and darkening of vision, but never complete blindness where I had to sit down... maybe you are over exaggerating since you were afraid?

When I had anxiety I used to be afraid of going blind because I saw little wisps on plain walls and the sky. Turned out to be nothing but a normal vision caused by shadows of blood vessels.

Thanks,

George

Knawx
07-14-2009, 07:09 PM
"As portrayed in Band of Brothers, Blithe was struck with a temporary case of hysterical blindness following the fierce fight to capture Carentan."

Okay the above quote comes from wikipedia and is taken from the TV mini series "Band Of Brothers" I love this show and remembered that in episode 3 a soldier suffers from terrible anxiety and goes "temporarily blind". It's called hysterical blindness - So it does seem that it is very possible to lose your eyesight during times of anxiety.

I hope this helped :)