PDA

View Full Version : PANIIC ATTACKS

JD
06-22-2009, 09:39 PM
I have for a couple of months been haveing panic attacks. Couple of them really bad. Not really knowing if this is somethig really physcial wrong or anxiety. Now they are coming more frequent. I am 50 years old And pre-meapause. Had one yesterday and today. I also have Mitral Valve, and heard this sometimes causes panic attacks. Either or both. Could this possibably have ANYTHING to do with it. ANYBODY????

dtrotter
06-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Actually, pre-menopause causes hormone imbalance, that could lead you to high and low. My friend, who is going through pre-menopause suffered from panic attack as well, but it will be temporary.

If you can't stand it, you may want to try hormone therapy, it will get you thru your menopause easily but can increase the risk of breast cancer.

fernandogress
07-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Panic attacks are frightening but fortunately physically harmless episodes. They can occur at random or after a person is exposed to various events that may trigger panic attack.They peak in intensity very rapidly and go away with or without medical help.
People experiencing panic attacks may fear they are dying, that they are suffocating, or that they are having a heart attack.About 5% of the population will experience panic attacks during their lifetimes. People who have repeated attacks require further evaluation from a mental health professional. Panic attacks can indicate the presence of panic disorder, depression, or other forms of anxiety-based illnesses.

dravid
07-10-2012, 11:40 PM
I read my friends above and i would like to share that i have panic attack too 7years ago when i went to massive height.Then after that i realize i've panic attack or you can say phobia.Know i have attack when i goes to height and some body throw the large amount of water on my face.My friends and cousins told me that i have phobia rather than the attacks.can anyone tell me about this?