PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Calendar

Bridgie
02-13-2006, 01:03 PM
So, my husband has been trying to help me curb my anxiety, and a couple of month's ago he started keeping a calendar to track my anxiety. It was great. He would make smiley faces or flat faces or frowny faces to keep track of when I was having my anxiety. After keeping a record of it and other notes (eg, not sleeping, work, family visits, etc.) we were able to track what was triggering my anxieties.

I recommend this for everyone. It not only helps you identify what you are reacting to, but also keeps things in perspective. Sometimes it seems like we feel anxious all the time, but when you actually see it charted out, it's not quite as bad as it seems. And you can kind of get an idea of when you will be feeling anxious, and when you won't be.

:ponder:

soshy
02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Bridgie - I really like this idea. I keep a calendar also. I jot down brief entries about who, what, when and where and how I feel.

You're right, not all days are bad. When I look at my calendar and see the good days, it helps stop the snowball effect on a bad day. Usually a bad day may contain only a few hours of dread, though we may remember it as the entire day.

I've been able to detect patterns in my behavior regarding anxiety and depression. A great tool to observe ourselves indirectly.

soshy