PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me :)?

stormpool
02-13-2006, 03:14 AM
Ok, I don't mean that what happens to me is wrong, just I wonder what actually happens and is it an anxiety attack...?

I'm a 23 year old male.. since I first watched hell raiser 4 at the age of 15 I first found that I had a horrible reaction to gore/blood and pain. I like to feel I get very involved when watching a film, and I get very emotional during sad scenes. When watching something bloody either in a film or in a surgical tv program I get a bit quesy...

The worst of the symptons as I recall...

I become giddy and feel nauseas
My vision becomes blurred and 'tingly?'
Everything goes fuzzy like a tv screen without reception except that it is very colourful.
I feel very cold but sweat prefusely

I haven't recently.. but the first time this occured at the age of 15 I passed out whilst trying to get fresh air at the house doorstep. I think I would pass out now if I continued to watch and absorb what is going on, in the film or tv program.

This range of symptons occured last night during final destination 3, and as it was only the first proper death scene in the film I thought that I shouldn't stick around for the other 5.... and so left early.

During Sin City, seeing the women's heads on the wall like trophies, just imagining the freak eat those women set me off.

During ghost ship i didn't mind it when the guests got sliced in half with some wire... but i had problems when the lady had a hook into her back and lynched up..

Event horizon where the guy pushes he eyes into his sockets, another pulls his tongue out.. i paused this film 11 times to lie down - i had watched the first half of the film ok and wanted to find out what happened in the end.

there's probably a few more examples, it seems worse at a cinema i think. Maybe because I feel more emmersed in the film. Or that even if I close my eyes and try to imagine something else.. the noise can still be heard clearly.

I have even managed to recreate this feeling, just by thinking about gore and pain etc... it made me feel giddy and a bit sick. I did this out of curiosity, as a child I've been said to have an 'over-active imagination' and even now when I dream they seem so real.

So is this all caused from an anxiety attack? What are peoples comments about this... ?

Sorry if i rambled on :)

Thanks, Dan

stormpool
02-13-2006, 04:07 AM
http://www.londoncardiac.ca/pages/vvs.htm

Maybe it's more likely to be Vasovagal Syncope, could be related to the sight of blood..

leftie15
02-13-2006, 02:03 PM
hey man whats goin on? i know actually how u feel i'm also in the same boat i stopped watching horror films because i would get so freaked out this has been happening i was a little kid but more recently i believe it is anxiety but i'm not a doc so i don't kno it sounds pretty much the same as to what i have which is anxiety i hate watching that crap it does nothing for me i mean who wants to see someone die theres no entertainment in that atleast to me but i think if you really want to see these movie you just gotta work through it those feelings will pass is sounds like you do have an over active imagination which i also have i kno it can be the greatest thing in the world but it can also be the worst thing i mean just thinkin how that pain feels is crazy make you quiver my opinion would be if you like those kinda of films or moveis just tell yourself hey i want to watch this and my anxiety won't let me watchi it just try to enjoy i would try watchin comedy good stuff lol but anyways thats what i think good luck have a good one