PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety (panic attacks) or not? Symptoms listed here.

nb0474
06-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi,
I have something like this and it happened maybe 3 months ago when I had some problems at work and I quit job. I feel fear most of the time and that fear is in my stomach (I felt one night how fear is filling up my stomach area), and I can't talk for long. There is something in the back of my throat that makes it hard to speak, and then I swallow saliva and it looks like I'm going to start crying. And it's related to sinuses also (congested). When I talk to somebody and a sad subject comes up, something comes from my stomach area (adrenaline, I suppose) and spreads to my shoulders and shuts down my throat area and I can't speak. It's true that I'm holding some suppressed emotions inside of me, but I don't know how to get them out (not sure if that is the reason). I lost my confidence 90%. Can't even speak with my parents (I live alone). I was able to fix it one time in a matter of seconds (I was writing on the computer about the things that happened to me and before that for the first time in my life I had strong energy drink and in one moment I felt my body filling up with endorphins (I guess) and when it filled up my stomach area throat tightness was gone and I could talk normally without any problems and depression was gone (I felt strong palpilations and my blood pressure shoot up to 190 over 110). Few days after that I felt great, but after one party I had panic attack in the morning (finished in emergency) and everything reversed, so I'm kind of scared to try it again. Do those signs look lie anxiety or something else?

thanks

dtrotter
06-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi,
I have something like this and it happened maybe 3 months ago when I had some problems at work and I quit job. I feel fear most of the time and that fear is in my stomach (I felt one night how fear is filling up my stomach area), and I can't talk for long. There is something in the back of my throat that makes it hard to speak, and then I swallow saliva and it looks like I'm going to start crying. And it's related to sinuses also (congested). When I talk to somebody and a sad subject comes up, something comes from my stomach area (adrenaline, I suppose) and spreads to my shoulders and shuts down my throat area and I can't speak. It's true that I'm holding some suppressed emotions inside of me, but I don't know how to get them out (not sure if that is the reason). I lost my confidence 90%. Can't even speak with my parents (I live alone). I was able to fix it one time in a matter of seconds (I was writing on the computer about the things that happened to me and before that for the first time in my life I had strong energy drink and in one moment I felt my body filling up with endorphins (I guess) and when it filled up my stomach area throat tightness was gone and I could talk normally without any problems and depression was gone (I felt strong palpilations and my blood pressure shoot up to 190 over 110). Few days after that I felt great, but after one party I had panic attack in the morning (finished in emergency) and everything reversed, so I'm kind of scared to try it again. Do those signs look lie anxiety or something else?

thanks

"There is something in the back of my throat that makes it hard to speak, and then I swallow saliva and it looks like I'm going to start crying."

this is 100% due to sinus. I have it as well.

"When I talk to somebody and a sad subject comes up, something comes from my stomach area (adrenaline, I suppose) and spreads to my shoulders and shuts down my throat area and I can't speak. It's true that I'm holding some suppressed emotions inside of me, but I don't know how to get them out"

This alone should indicate alot about ur anxiety. I do recommend you to check out with a doctor. We are no professional to diagnose your symptom.