PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Agoraphobia?

Robbed
06-14-2009, 06:15 PM
You often hear about how, with conditions such as depression and anxiety, getting out into a natural setting is VERY helpful. I have indeed found this to be the case with myself. But, since I developed anxiety disorder over two years ago, I have found that I actually have a problem with this. Specifically, I always want to go out. I seem to crave the outdoors. Admittedly, I have always been an outdoors kind of person. But not to this degree. Staying at home generally makes me feel worse (although there is not really anything bad that I am trying to get away from). And I frequently find myself thinking about where I am going to go in the mountains on my days off. It's almost like I have some kind of unhealthy obsession about spending time outdoors. True, things are better for me now than before, as my anxiety disorder has slowly been improving all along. But it is still there. Should this be something that I look at as a problem? Should I make an effort to try to get myself more comfortable being inside rather than wanting to be outdoors?

rejanette
06-14-2009, 08:07 PM
I' m the same I love the outdoor... I used to be a shopping queen and used to spend most of my free times at the mall... Well now I' m avoiding malls and stores when I' m off ( that helped my wallet to )...
I feel very good while outside walking somewhere, going to the mountains.
Rejane