PDA

View Full Version : I just want to go home

Cathie
02-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I have been trying for a month to find someone to replce me in my room at university as I'm taking some time out cos of my anxiety. No-one wants the room, its the little room in the house. Anyway, I found a guy who wants it, but 2 of the 3 remaining housemates have ganged up and are against this guy. Even though hes the only person who wants the room, and he'll only be there from monday to thursday.

Its really getting me down as I want to go home, I don't want to be stuck in Bath any longer.

I'm under pressure to find someone suitable for the room, and if I don't then I'm responsible for the rent until the summer.

What am I to do?

rich
02-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey,

I know the feeling - I was in Bath at uni and recently had to take some time out to deal with my anxiety issues - had to find someone for my room and when I moved out it was horrible. Felt like I was leaving all my friends behind.....

Now im at home but not much happier and in a bit of a lul....

My advice is try and find someone through the university maybe? Or just tell your other housemates to stick it and use this guy you have found - at the end of the day they arnt losing money and dont have to deal with anxiety. tell them it would really help you out if they just perseveared.

are u at bath uni?

rich

Cathie
02-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah, at bath uni, was doing biochemistry. I can't really tell them to stick it, just gonna have to keep trying to find someone. What were you studying?

rich
02-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Business management, had enough of it and kinda dreading going back next year....

I suppose at least we can take a bit of comfort in the fact that someone else is going through similar stuff at Bath - I was thinking I was the only one :(

Cathie
02-11-2006, 12:46 PM
I know the feeling. Really don't know if I want to go back in October. Did you leave because of anxiety? I did, kept having panic attacks in lectures and missed most of my lectures. Where is home for you?

rich
02-11-2006, 01:39 PM
yeh I left because of anxiety - got really worked up about my exams and couldnt concentate or remember anything. went to my personal tutor and he said I should take my exams and see how they go....

so I went to my first exam and freaked out and messed it up totally - have to apply to the exam board to see if I can retake it but becuase im in my final year they might not let me :(

just pissed off because it feels like its self inflicted and I should be able to cope with it all!

I live in in berkshire near reading, u?

Cathie
02-11-2006, 02:32 PM
I live in Northampton. Just want to be back there, Bath's just pissing me off now. I didn't bother going to my exams, went to my course administrator the day before my first exam and told her I wanted to leave. I just realised I didn't know anything, because I'd missed sooo much. And now no-one wants this room because it's too small, and the one person who does want it isn't accepted by my housemates, who have been trouble from the start, and I wish I'd just lived with someone else.

Grr. Want it all to be over so I can go home and start getting better, not getting anwhere stuck here like this. If anything, it's making me worse, don't have anything to do all day, just sitting around emailing people to see if they want my room.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find someone. Just thought it would take 2 weeks at the most, and it's been almost a month now. Had one girl say she would take the room, then changed her mind the day she was due to move in.

I've listed my room on all the websites I could find, and emailed dozens of people and just getting nowhere.

Sorry for going on, needed to let off steam!

scatmantom
02-12-2006, 09:01 AM
hey guys

When I started university I was similar to you guys. I was on campus and didnt fit in right away. But now im in my 3rd year and am on work placement (1 year to go after this!). I understand that the pressure of a new town and missing your family is very difficult...but there are peope at the University to talk to about all this kind of stuff. The fact you two are from the same UNI goes to show that this isnt un-common and the people at the university are bound to have heard of it before!