PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pain

andycooperuk
06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi all, I'm new here.

I'll cut the big story short, theres alot of background!

I'm 22, I eat healthily, although I do smoke. I quit drinking about 3 months ago after being ill with gastritis.

2 weeks ago I collapsed in work, the doctor says I suffer from anxiety and stress.

What I'd like to know, is does anyone have the same symptoms as me? It's just to set my mind at rest. I suffer from panic attacks pretty darn bad and of course chest pain always increases my anxiety.

I have a sharp stabbing pain in my left chest, sometimes this moves to my back and left shoulder. It's not unbaeable just really really worrying.

I cant be sure if its under or above the bone, or the bone itself, needless to say it feels tight and it hurts.

The pain increases with my anxiety or if I am stressed/worried.

My GP says its all anxiety and stress related, I'm just concerned I haven't had any medical tests, he listened to my heart and told me theres nothing wrong, but I wasn't having the pain at the time?

I'd really appreciate any help from people who have the same thing going on as me, I just have no one to talk to about this.

Thanks,

Andy

(HAWK)
06-12-2009, 07:59 AM
It sounds like Anxiety,I had pretty much the same thing you are going through.I found that if you just ignore it,it will go away,but thats just me! I would like to know did they do a EKG on you,because that is probably the best thing they can do. Oh and my symptoms were dull pains in the left side,sharp stabby pains in the sternum area,sweeting alot,felt like I was going mad,numbness in fingers and arm,palpitations that made it worse and made me HAVE to cough!

Hope this helps some what! I hope you get better real soon and feel good! :tongue: