PDA

View Full Version : Great book and more

care_berry
06-09-2009, 03:40 AM
A great book I read is called "Don't Drink Your Milk" by Frank Oski. In the book, there is information about a psychiatrist who found that food allergies were behind many of the anxiety/depression disorders in the people he was seeing in his office. Other good research ideas on food allergies, in particular gluten intolerance and celiac disease can possibly be helpful as they can be linked to anxiety issues. Also, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) has been successful with anxiety disorders, among many many other things. It is technique that uses tapping on different areas of the body very similar to those used in acupuncture, but without the needles. The website gives you free instructions on how to do all of this.

Iridisis
06-13-2009, 02:44 PM
I paid about $90 and drove over an hour to see an EFT practitioner. She showed me how to do the tapping on myself. When the session was over, I was actually sore from all the tapping and felt like I'd had a mild sedative. But my big issue at the time didn't go away. Tapping and tapping did not help. I try to keep an open mind, so I don't know that I'd rule it out, simply reporting that it did not work for me.

dtrotter
07-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Well, www.emofree.com (http://www.emofree.com) for EFT. Actually, it takes a while to get hang of the EFT tapping method. It is not as easy as abc, once you get it, you get it, and it can help you tremendously.

jencrippen
10-21-2009, 09:34 PM
That sounds like a great book! Along with that is Mark Hyman's "UltraMind Solution". Another WOWZA. I also love "Depression Free Naturally" by Joan Mathews Larson.

With EFT, it has to be done on a very consistent basis. I did it when my anxiety was 24/7 and it helped a little. It didn't work for me because my body was screwed up from food allergies, adrenal fatigue, and hypoglycemia. When I got that all straightened out I was able use a very similar technique and it worked well - but my physical body needed stabilizing first. The root of the anxiety was NOT all in my head :)

Jen

seeker83
10-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Well, emofree for EFT. Actually, it takes a while to get hang of the EFT tapping method. It is not as easy as abc, once you get it, you get it, and it can help you tremendously.

How many times have you done EFT and how long have you tried the EFT for? I am curious on how well EFT works. I have watched some of the emofree videos and they seem helpful, but haven't practiced it.