PDA

View Full Version : How I defeated anxiety

Neeley
06-07-2009, 02:47 PM
1. Faith
2. Always believed anxiety could be beaten naturally.
3. No matter how bad my anixety got, I never backed down, even if i was around friends, family, "important" people, shaking or bad cracking in my voice and making funny faces or being made fun of because of those reasons, I never backed down.

Everything gives me anxiety and it use to get worse when I was around people.

The way I defeated anxiety is by hyperventiliation, One day I just started hyperventiliating my self for whatever reason I tried everything else anyway. I noticed I FELT like i was going to passout but kept breathing. After returning my breathing to normal my body felt such a calming sensation that I just started breathing in that matter. Over a couple of weeks my body breathing rhythm naturally changed and more and more my anxiety subsided at will. Alot of people probably try it and back off but you won't pass out if you hang in there and not be afraid, and your body will learn to naturally calm it self by just breathing!

The best way to try it is breath like your exhausted and you'll feel a dizzy feeling and to me how ever bad it got i just let my breathing go and do what it wanted. Sometimes my body would lock up or feel i guess dizzy, but it quit doing that more and more and my body naturally became more calmer.

Nikkie04
06-09-2009, 02:10 AM
I understand that this probably worked for you, but it may not work for others, you see i have actually passed out during an attack and fainted, hyperventilating will not work for me

jennismortal
06-13-2009, 05:22 AM
Social stress in adolescence is correlated with emergence of psychopathologies during early adulthood. In this study, the authors investigated the impact of social defeat stress during mid-adolescence on adult male brain and behavior. Adolescent male Sprague-Dawley rats were exposed to repeated social defeat for 5 days while controls were placed in a novel empty cage. When exposed to defeat-associated cues as adults, previously defeated rats showed increased risk assessment and behavioral inhibition, demonstrating long-term memory for the defeat context. However, previously defeated rats exhibited increased locomotion in both elevated plus-maze and open field tests, suggesting heightened novelty-induced behavior. Adolescent defeat also affected adult monoamine levels in stress-responsive limbic regions, causing decreased medial prefrontal cortex dopamine, increased norepinephrine and serotonin in the ventral dentate gyrus, and decreased norepinephrine in the dorsal raphe. This model offers potential for identifying specific mechanisms induced by severe adolescent social stress that may contribute to increased adult male vulnerability to psychopathology. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2009 APA, all rights reserved).