PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

coyote
06-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Hello I just found this forum and thought it might be interesting to share and learn from others. I had some anxiety issues since last October and have been working on getting past this. I'm seeing a therapist and also taking some meds. I do fairly well but I'm not the same as I was prior to last October. I look forward to sharing information and helping each other.

Coyote

2change
06-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi Coyote:

Seems we're both new here and I'm feeling like no one has read my welcome since there was no response.

I figured you were lkely feeling the same way, so I'm saying HELLO!

I think I've had some kind of anxiety issues all of my adult (and teenage) life.

Most recently events in my life have made me realize that thngs need to change (that'swhere I got the name 2change from).

I hope we both get some good out of this, and maybe we can even help some others along the way. :-)

Julieann
06-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Hello. I just found this site and am hoping to learn a few things. I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have had probs. with it all of my life but it seems to be getting worse and interfering with my sleep. All of my dreams are intense and full of anxiety inducing situations so I am always tired. Does anyone else have a problem with this? I do take Xanax at bedtime.
Julie

wiped out
06-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I am new to this site. I have had anxiety on and off for about 3 years. I have taken a few different medications but just decided to try and get of Citalopram. Its giving me headaches and muscle pain. Lately I have been really paranoid about things in my life. I often expect the worst thing to happen in any situation, no matter how unlikely it may be. For some reason I am an HIV phobe. I have been tested for it about 15 times and know I dont have it but when ever a loved on has symptoms of acute HIV I get paranoid and cant stop thinking about it. Other stresses have really made me nervous as well lately. I know, I sound nuts.

kym_888
06-05-2009, 03:34 AM
hello to you all!
im new aswell, i posted a reply on here and got the same no one responded responce. I was also on citelapram, but im on Fluoxitine now, i find that better, i struggle to sleep aswell, so im on sleeping pills aswell.
I hope everyone is getting better day by day! x

Julieann
06-05-2009, 06:42 AM
I worry excessively about something happening to my kids. They tell me that I am paranoid and over protective, both probably true. I guess in my own mind if I worry about each thing that could happen in any situation I can somehow prevent it. The older I get the worse my anxiety and worry get it seems. I can tell that both of my kids have anxiety issues as well as my parents and siblings. I feel guilty for passing it on to my kids. From what I have read anxiety affects many more people than I thought.