PDA

View Full Version : I"m on lexapro, but thought I'd go off it.....BAD idea

stephaniekendrick
05-29-2009, 10:11 AM
I am 34 and have had general anxiety my entire life. I drank heavily, and it covered it up for years. Now I'm clean and sober and I keep thinking I'm normal, I'll be OK without my medication. I"ve taken 10 mg of Lexapro for 4 years, and every now and then I cut it back to 5 and try and go off of it. Last week I drank a bunch caffeine and it threw me into the fight or flight feeling for days. I immediately started taking my normal dose of lexapro, but it's scary...My husband tries to be understanding, but he just doesn't understand how isolating it can be. I haven't been working much either, we own a drywall business and it's so slow. That makes things even worse. When your'e panicky and have the whole day in front of you it can be very overwhelming. That in itself is driving me crazy. I thought it might help to write about it...just knowing there are other people out there who can relate, makes me feel alittle better. Does anyone else get a real nervous stomach? Diahrea and dry mouth....cold sweats, it's a living hell really. Thankyou all for reading, and Take care.