PDA

View Full Version : where to buy beta blockers?

Pinocchio
05-21-2009, 03:21 AM
hi,

I have heard that beta blockers can be used to calm nerves in certain high pressure situations. I have an interview approaching in a weeks time and I usually get really nerves before hand, so much so that i think it affects my performance. I was wondering if anyone has tried using beta blockers to calm nerves in these kind of situations? As well as if anyone knows where i could order some from.

ty

tenscore
06-06-2009, 12:04 AM
personally, I've tried beta-blockers and the effect is minimal. They're designed to regulate heart rate, which granted can be great for anxiety, but the effect on the overall nervous system is minimal. These are drugs designed to help mal-cardiac disorders. I've used Proplanalol, but there may be more effective betas. Prepare yourself for the interview as much as possible and try to fight through those tenancies. It's a lot healthier for both your body and your anxiety problem regardless of how hard it may be to accomplish.

chrisz
06-09-2009, 11:12 AM
I have an inherited panic disorder. I have been on Xanax and Propranolol for 30 years. I still have some break-through panic attacks but I am able to go to work and live a somewhat normal life.

Xanax has saved my life. Without it I would be dead. Propranolol (Inderal) was prescribed to stop my heart from pounding, but I also found it helped with the anxiety. It also stopped me from shaking.
Inderal has been used very often for performance anxiety and your doctor should be willing to prescribe it to you for this. You will only need
10-20mg to help, this is a small dose. I take 10mg 4-5 times a day.

Anxiety/Panic is a very stressful thing to have. Stress is not good for you.
If you find a medication that works for you, I suggest that you take it to prevent the terrible affects of long-term stress. Don't stay home and suffer, do what you have to do to live as normal of life as you can.

By the way, I have not became psychologically addicted to Xanax. I do
not carve it, I do not abuse it. I am physically addicted to it is much the same way many people are to SSRI's. Unlike the other Benzo's, Xanax
has some antidepressant effects, which is also helpful for me. It can, and is used long term for many sufferers like me.

I have tried SSRI'S, SNRI's, TCA's and antipsychotics. All did not help or
made my condition worse. I have taken then for up to 2 months to see if they would help. Xanax works great for me and I have been on it since
it was invented. I take 1mg 4 to 5 times a day. It is the safe medication and has very low side effects.

This disorder is hard to understand. It comes in many, many flavors.
The doctors aren't sure what's going on and the drug manufactures aren't sure how their drugs work. So what works for one may not work for the other. But just because a drug does not work for you, don't assume it won't work for others.

There is one very much over looked medication that I take when things get rough called Visteril or Atarax. 50 - 100 mg will calm most people down. Look it up, ask your doctor. It not physically addictive.

Just my opinion !

Chrisz

Ponder
02-03-2014, 11:45 PM
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/beta-blockers

Can I buy beta-blockers?
No. They are only available from your chemist, with a doctor's prescription.

More info at above LINK.

alankay
02-04-2014, 07:56 AM
You can get them online but it's just safest to get them from a doc who will check for any reason they are not safe for you then choose the best one for you at the best dose.
Having said that ...........and meaning it, if you have no asthma and a normal, healthy heart try propranolol 30-40 mgs. Alankay

Dahila
02-04-2014, 08:05 AM
For the beta-blockers to work is the time, like antidepressants they need to get adequate level in blood stream, which usually takes like 3 weeks. Maybe your blood pressure does not require the beta blockers, you need to talk to your doctor. Buying the medication on line is like playing Loto

alankay
02-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Sorry but beta blockers work within an hour or so for anxiety. They partially block adrenaline. AD's do indeed take time.
Alankay

Perses
02-04-2014, 08:48 AM
You go to the doctor and get a prescription. And, yes, as alankay says, betablockers work in about 15 minutes. And yes, buying drugs online, especially ones you are unfamiliar with, is extremely dangerous. For people who have low blood pressure, for example, beta blockers are a no go.

jessed03
02-04-2014, 09:48 AM
I wonder if he ever got his beta blockers.

I hope so by now, as this thread is approaching being 5 years old :)

Dahila
02-04-2014, 12:50 PM
jheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:)
Ponder bumped old thread :))

jessed03
02-04-2014, 01:16 PM
jheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:)
Ponder bumped old thread :))

Hehe. It has 14,000 views!!! Lots of people wanting to know where to buy a beta blocker!

Ponder
02-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Figures for such a Quick Fix!

Totally agree with Dahila on the time it takes - but if an hour - lol @ expected fix.

Again - figures.

springwater
12-06-2015, 11:22 PM
The best way would be to schedule a doctor consultation, but some people prefer not to pay the hefty fees and buy online. I have personally used a few overseas shops, but the most trustworthy has been Block The Fear (blockthefear.com). Their delivery is super fast compared to most and it is 100% authentic and sealed from top labs. Good luck with everything!

Dahila
12-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Sorry but beta blockers work within an hour or so for anxiety. They partially block adrenaline. AD's do indeed take time.
Alankay
Wrong..............................

Graves
05-24-2017, 05:11 AM
I know the thread is old but I didn't think it was necessary to create a new thread about it. How should I ask my doctor to get on this? Do I simply say "I have social anxiety I want to try a beta blocker"? I don't want the doctor to think I'm depressed and need help. I simply want to give this a try at a low dosage.
http://lookuptothebest.net/dimg/betab.jpg (http://lookuptothebest.net/choose_nonc.php?q=betab)