PDA

View Full Version : just when i think its over...

luvmirage
05-20-2009, 07:42 AM
:o soo just when i think i have the upper hand over my recent anxiety i start having another mini panic attack.. this is just sooo ridiculous and my friends probably think ive lost it.. along with my co workers. im not one to hide how im feeling.. how else can i explain how i am acting?? how else can i explain the sensation of my chest being crushed, my heart racing, nauseousness, lightheadedness? i feel like im a pain in the ass to my friends when i tell them i need to get out of the car or i run outside to just escape. but even when i escape the feeling comes right back as soon as i enter the same situation again. the other day on the way to the mall i started having one with my friend.. she was driving. i kept thinking i would need to throw up out the window.. or have her pull over. finally we reached a gas station and i was inside just standing at the mirror telling myself to settle down. i was terrified of getting back in the truck. terrified i would need to get right back out again. i finally got in the truck and got over it but not without it taking away from my quality time with my friends. all i could think about was having another one. even with all of this i know deep down inside that its just adrenaline and that nothing serious is going to happen at all. and even if i were to throw up or pass out, so what?? who really cares?? people get sick! so why am i so worried about it. and why does the thought take hours to escape my brain after it first takes over?

Joie
05-20-2009, 08:02 AM
i totally get how you feel. I think im going to die in the tiniest of situations. People laugh and think its funny and it pisses me off. Once i get something into my head its impossible to change my mind and then my arms and head go numb. people dont get how hard it is to control it once it has started. Another member of this forum told me i should start taking amino acids because it helped him. I think im gonna try it. It also helps to know there are other people out there that have the same problem we have.

rejanette
05-20-2009, 09:38 AM
I know a while back I tohught I was cured and It's happened again... I hate that feeling put a stop sign in your head I finally came to the conclusion that I do not have to live with anxiety...
And sometimes those little attack are there to remind you how life is better without anxiety... I know they are scary but you have to be stronger than anxiety even if sometimes it's hard.
Good luck
Rejane

luvmirage
05-22-2009, 05:25 AM
i know what you mean.. my friends are just like.. well stop thinking about it.. well in order to stop thinking about it you have to think about it in the first place and its liek a never ending cycle of thoughts. if it was that easy to stop thinking about it do you think i would ever think about it?? no way.. some people just dont understand things if they have never dealt with it.

rejanette
05-22-2009, 07:34 AM
It's true so many people do not understand anxiety... At work 2 of my co workers keep telling me to take anti Depressant... Well I' m not a pill popper and Therapy is helping me a lot
But you know what is great with anxiety is that there is a cure for it no matter how long it might take to recover.
Keep up the good work
And be free from anxiety soon
Rejane