PDA

View Full Version : Interesting find

coops025
05-18-2009, 02:57 AM
Now i dont know if this is just by chance or not but last night i had a massive Garlic bread to myself, it was dripping it had so much Garlic on :P

I found that for some reason i feel much better today but i can taste it so bad, bet my collegues are trying to avoid me haha!!

As i said not sure if this gave me some relief or not but worth mentioning.

If anyone fancies trying this out and posting back feel free.

Fudge
05-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I know its possible to buy garlic tablets, so maybe that would be an option if one is hesitating on the smell of ones breath. :D Sounds like something worth trying out.

On a similar note, I have to add that magnesium seems to be working for me. While I still have anxiety, the severity is greatly reduced. B complex however isn't.. probably because I get enough through my diet already.

Hanino
05-18-2009, 12:07 PM
While I was in USN flight school the flight surgeon would come around every month and remind all of us: "Don't you dare touch any garlic 72 hours before you fly one of our aircraft, because it'll double or triple your reaction time."

Metabolism of garlic's active ingredient allicin produces hydrogen sulphide, which signals blood vessels to relax, increase blood flow. Relaxed blood vessels will include much of your body including the brain. Garlic is well known for its relaxation effects.

Garlic also the best organic insect killer, too, is there a reason why no bug will eat garlic or any of the onion family because it kills them.
The reason garlic is so toxic, the hydrogen sulphide ion penetrates the blood brain barrier, just like DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide), and is a specific poison for higher life forms and brain cells. This is precisely the same reason the garlic family of plants has been widely recognized as being harmful to dogs.

Hanino