PDA

View Full Version : (newbie!) Im a hopless case with HOPE!

lucie-blue
05-18-2009, 02:09 AM
Hello everyone!

Where to start.....ok =]

I'm Lucie, 18, with anorexia, emetophobia and panic disorder.

Basically, Im here for support, to support others, and to try and find some information from those of you with experience.

Being a nervous child, I was diagnosed with panic disorder just after leaving primary school (at age 11), which eventually led to a diagnosis of anorexia and emetophbia (both at age 13) both caused by the distress caused by the constant anxiety.

I’ve tried a number of therapies from CBT, Fluoxetine, diazepam etc. After spending trying to find a way out of this mess, i am no further ahead than i was 4, 5, even 6 years ago. I used to be afraid of travelling within a 10 mile radius of my home, that changed to a 5 mile radius, then I became afraid to go further than the corner shop, now it not only terrifies me to leave my house, but eating and drinking is a challenge to.

Has anyone else ever been in this position. Or had any kid of therapy/medication/breakthrough that has helped them break down doors?

Thank you! :) :D

CAJWD
05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi Lucie,
I can relate to the panic disorder.
I had a horrible childhood and have felt nervous all my life. I has become worse and worse over the years and that is where I'm at right now. I working on myself to try and get over these crippling fears, but I'm just beginning. If I find anything at all that is helpful, I will be sure to pass them on to you.
I wish you all the best.
CAJWD