PDA

View Full Version : My story

littlel
02-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi there i'm new to this board...

Ive been suffering for the past year and a half and my physical symptoms include: heart paltipations, nausea, headaches, chestpains, aches down my left arm, feeling that i can't swallow, feeling that i can't breathe properly...

i really don't know how to get over it.. everything worries me.. and what i think worries me the most is going out, either to work or uni or with friend cs i always feel like something bad is going to happen and get scared... and yeah again i don't know how to stop myself from thinking it!

&i'm a hypochondriac because i have had a blood test recently but nevertheless some of the illnesses i have beleived to have had are a brain tumour, any other cancer, heart problems, DVT and many more...

Also i get so envious of my friends having fun and feel like i can never lead a normal life again

caseman
02-07-2006, 01:00 PM
hey littlel first off welcome to the forum its awesome and has helped me tremendously....i have also had most of the symptoms you are describing and they suck...what helps me with my physical symptoms is trying my hardest to focus on something else and just doing anything to occupy my mind i know its difficult but it usually works just keep telling yourself that it is just anxiety and will go away it wont last forever. i recently have also had a hard time going out i havnt gone out with my friends in over a week hopefully someone else that replys to this can help both of us with that lol...ive thought i have had brain tumors, anuerism, heart attack, heart disease, brain swelling, internal bleeding(dont know where that one came from), and pretty much any cancer. sadly just all symptoms of anxiety. just thought i would share some of that with you incase you needed some reassurance and to know that someone else is goin through the same thing...and you will return to a normal life, have you tried therapy or anything.....hope this helps ttyl - Caseman

scatmantom
02-07-2006, 02:12 PM
hey there and welcome along

I understand where you are coming from. The initial part of anxiety is just unbearable. When you dont know what is wrong with you, and neither do doctors sometimes. Luckily you have found out whats wrong and now you have got a great chance to stop it (WOO HOO!)

Tommy :)

leftie15
02-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Welcome little you have found a greatplace to talk bout what goin on with the anxiety part of your life you'll love it here i know i do well weall havedealt with those symptoms but they won't kill ya and they make ya a hell of alot stronger in the end thatshow i look at it but good luck in your fight and happy to see ya hope to talk to ya again

__freespirit
02-07-2006, 04:18 PM
You sound so much like me.. I envy peoples happiness. It's like watching everything on a TV screen and your just "I wish that was me" Like almost your alien around everyone else that your somehow different from them.

I felt caged in my own body I broke free once, but I'm afraid I'm back in that same cage I started in. I'm here for you, so if you need anyone to talk to don't be a stranger okay?

nfnpete
02-07-2006, 06:39 PM
yeah i also kno how u feel. i hav had what everyone believed to be m.e for a year now turns out all the symptoms are from anxiety. i too have thought that i had cancer or heart problems or that i am goin to die. i have had to take a year out of uni and have only left the house when i had to (until recently). it sucks but at least we can take some comfort in that anxiety is treatable and not life threatening. just try and stay positive (hard i know) and tell yourself you won't let it beat you. my doctor has told me to exercise every day and to have a set plan or goal for every day. so far this seems to be helping a bit but i am determined to get back to the way i was a year ago. take care.