PDA

View Full Version : Depressed? I found a natural pill that might work.

tatianaumpierre87
05-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Ok so I don't really know exactly the fancy way of saying my brain doesn't get enough happiness... I guess it has something to do with Dopamine or serotonine... I've had ADHD, OCD, and Bi Polar disorder for 10 years now and I never really understood what's going on in my brain. I'm trying to do a little research about it now. I'm 22 I think it's about time I start learning about my conditions. So I was talking to my mother yesterday about my depression (I just recently got off Zoloft and Abilify, check out my discussion on that in the Medication section) and she mentioned something about some pill named 5HTP.
5-Hydroxytryptophan or 5-HTP is a naturally occurring amino acid, a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin and an intermediate in tryptophan metabolism. It is marketed in the United States and other countries as a dietary supplement for use as an antidepressant, appetite suppressant, and sleep aid. I'm buying some soon and I'll let you all know if it works. I just wanted to share a possible depression stopper. For all of you tired of pills that can harm your liver and stuff. This is all natural I believe.

fernandogress
07-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide according to the World Health Organization.The positive effects of the sugar pills can possibly be attributed to the attention given the participants. During the study as much as 20 hours of time with experts may enhance the subjects’ well being. Much of the time is spent monitoring their feelings and behaviors. In comparison, the average time a person being treated for depression is likely to see their physician is only 20 minutes a month. This quality of attention is a likely reason that the placebo subjects do as well with placebo medication.

Mannylirio
10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
I personally fell that you should never go for these pills. You should try to have some natural treatment and i think massage would be the best option for you to release your pain and depression. I am sure you will consider my suggestion.

bobwilliam
10-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Well, depression is a mental sadness and there is required to come out from it to live a life with full of the happiness. Another thing is that any mental sadness there is required to follow the meditation exercise regularly instead to take the pills.

MAc09
11-23-2010, 03:24 AM
I have tried different types of antidepressants and Prozac is number 1 in my book. I love it! I have been on it for almost 1 and half years and my depression is very minimal. It makes me sleep good at night and I feel good all day long! I am on 40mg of it and its awesome! I would recommend this to anyone that has depression and anixety and OCD. :P :P