PDA

View Full Version : In The middle... Not making progresses anymore

rejanette
05-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Do I' m suffering anxiety since October,
Octobe, november and december were really the worst months.
January better, February relapsed, March great, april in between,
I have been seeing a therapist for one month now and I see some improvement... But last tuesday when I went there I was feeling such a chock... I visited the doctor once last week and then on saturday went ot the Med Express I really thought something was wrong with me... I' m spending times online looking at diseases and it does not help and I' m being irrational...
My body was such in pain a while back that pain was not bothering me but now little pain stomach upset, Muscles tensions are bothering me and I feel it more...
I always feel that there is something wrong with me even if there's not
Does any body have those feelings as well...
I think I' m in this phase where I do not longer make progresses but stayed at the same level and want to see progresses and do not see them
I know I' m the only one who is in charge of it.
Rejane

Obelysk
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Sorry that you are having such a hard time. I have gone for entire months feeling like complete crap and I have even wondered that I would never get out of it. The thing with anxiety is that you really cannot rush recovery. It happens slowly and the worst that you can do is be impatient and worry about it. When I started to get out of that cycle was when I decided accepted my anxiety and stopped worrying about it, including all of its symptoms. Daily exercise has also helped me a lot and getting a good nights sleep. Also try to look into eating more healthy eating bad food can make you feel bad as well. The only other thing that I can tell you is to try and enjoy your life and try to be happy. I hope this can help you in some form.

Robbed
06-06-2009, 04:39 PM
I know I' m the only one who is in charge of it.

And that's the problem right there. Everbody feels like they have to take charge of it. Make some herculean effort at making anxiety go away. Friends tell you to do it. Family tells you to do it. Therapists tell you to do it. But the fact is you CAN'T. And the harder you try, the worse things get. The truth is that you can't beat anxiety disorder. At least not in the classic sense of beating something by overcoming it with brute force. In this sense, anxiety disorder is stronger than you are. But when you can't beat something, you usually CAN outsmart it. And this is definitely the case with anxiety disorder. Specifically, accept it and try to get on with things as best as you possibly can. Only by doing this will anxiety disorder gradually fade with time. Try your best not to worry that you still don't quite feel right after so many months or years. Recovery is naturally slow. Also, remember that recovery tends to be sporadic in nature. Sometimes, you might feel like you recover greatly in a short time. Other times, you might feel worse. And other times, you may make no progress for a few weeks or a month or more. Such is the nature of recovery. But what is important is what happens in the long term. If you can say that you generally feel better now than you did six months to a year ago, you are making progress.