PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety?

Meggie
05-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I really feel uneasy. Over the past 6 years many things have happened - I have lost both parents and 3 brother-in-laws and have moved to live in France, leaving behind my daughter and grandchildren. I love it here but it has been a difficult move but I would not want to move back to the UK. For some reason I have not felt right since our move - the doctor says I am suffering with Anxiety - who wouldn't after the 6 years I've had! I feel tired all the time, wake during the night, several times, sometimes feel like I'm walking on foam, vision is strange, sometimes things around me don't seem real and when I'm in the sun I just want to sleep, it seems so bright. I almost dread going to bed as this starts over again when I get up. I feel dizzy, strange feelings come over me and then disappear, I feel like my head is muzzy and I'm out of control. This is scarey and very frightening. Does anyone out there feel the same way? I so want to feel normal again

coops025
05-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Hi Meggie.

Im sorry about your past, you must have suffered a great deal :(

Onto your symtoms which i might add are pretty much identical to what i have. You now know what you have is Anxiety and maybe some deal of stress from what you have described, the first step is to stop fearing this and prepare your battle for a recovery. Remeber this is not like a cold or a flu which will go in a few days or weeks, it takes time and not every day is a step forward however knowing what to do is important.

Here i will give you help from what i discovered when dealing with this illness.

1. Find out what triggers your symtoms, for example i find mine get worse in busy places such as the supermarket.

2. Tackle one symptom at a time focus on getting each one untill you have less symtoms.

3. (this is hard) Try not to spend all you time thinking "how can i get better" this makes you worse so find a distraction. (i played computer games). Talking to a friend about anything also helps. Dont leave your mind idle as you will be sure to think about your problem thus making it worse.

4. Things that help you, medication etc. Here is a list of things that helped me although not exausted (read though this forum Topcat made a good post i will find it and post a link here).

Peppermint tea and Ginger: These will help with any nausia you have. Mine was reduced by around 50% when having these. Remeber not to drink too much peppermint as it will give you stomach ache.

Stemisil: Great for Nuasia dizzyness and for feeling sick. I didnt feel sick but this was the only med that helped me.

Diet: Most say this is the most important to help you recover, i have to agree this helped me alot also. Keep away from Caffine seriously it is a no no, Suger and fatty foods aswell are very bad. Drink plently of water and heathy foods, no Fizzy drinks.

Vitamins: I am currently using vitamin B complex which you can buy as a one a day. This will help with your feelings of unreality though it does take at least a week before you will notice any improvments.

My illness was triggered by several stressfull events which struck me hard a month or so after i was feeling stressed. Many symtoms will hit you, one of the worst is a problem with sleeping, many have been in the situation where you feel very anxious and a fear of feeling like you will die if you close your eyes. Dont worry about this "remember Anxiety cant kill you", when i last had this i wacthed a few southpark episodes on my computer finding it very hard to concentrate but it did pass enough to let me sleep basicly find a distraction.

With your feelings of feeling tired all the time, this is because your body is being stripped of all the goodies it needs while your mind is in overdrive, try multi vitamins for this, again it takes at least a week before they kick in.

As your symtoms are so close to mine i would be happy to help you as much as possible, just ask.

coops025
05-05-2009, 05:19 AM
Nope it was Northstar not Topcat :P

http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4087

Both helped me alot :)

Please have a read of link above it is very helpfull.

Meggie
05-05-2009, 06:50 AM
....................AND TO TOP THE LOT I NOW FIND THAT THE HOT FLUSHES ARE THE MENOPAUSE - SOMETHING ELSE WHICH WILL MAKE ME TIRED !

coops025
05-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Dont worry about hot flushes they are also part of Anxiety, you may also find your constantly cold, although i didnt have this untill later on after my symtoms started.

valentinahotsauce27
05-07-2009, 07:07 PM
so i never thought i would be writing on here but after these two weeks ive had i need help, hopefully someone who can understand i have been suffering with anxiety sence i was 14 i remember the first one i had well over the years it has gotten worse, it would stop for a bit then anxiety attacks almost every day then i started getting those head pains like some of u have written about, then it was being scared to go to sleep for the fear i was going to die in my sleep, now for these two weeks i havent had anxiety attacks but i have this dreadfuln feeling i have it even as i write this like i am going to die and no matter how much i try to convinve myself it itsnt true it still remains there i am perfectly healthy i am only 20 years old and i want to cry thinking i will live this way forever i am not scared of dieing i am just simply not ready and i cant understand this dreadful feeling ive proven myself wrong so much why wont it go away, help please

Meggie
05-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I know exactly how you feel - being on edge all of the time is so tiring and wears you out.

I used to go into shops and then run out again - it was awful. Anxiety plays tricks on the mind but you are not alone. Have you approached your doctor at all and explained how you feel and your fears? He may prescribe medication which will help you relax and then, if you sleep better sometimes the days are easier to deal with.

REMEMBER, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, these feelings are all part of the pattern of fear and flight. H

ave you tried total relaxation tapes - I found I could borrow them from the Library - I used to close my eyes and play the tape, concentrating on what was being said. Afterwards I could sleep for a few hours then if I awoke I'd play the tape again. It did break the pattern and I felt I was in control. Give it a try, it may help.

As an afterthought, Anxiety will not kill you so try to put the thought to one side.

Meggie
05-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I know exactly how you feel - being on edge all of the time is so tiring and wears you out.

I used to go into shops and then run out again - it was awful. Anxiety plays tricks on the mind but you are not alone. Have you approached your doctor at all and explained how you feel and your fears? He may prescribe medication which will help you relax and then, if you sleep better sometimes the days are easier to deal with.

REMEMBER, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, these feelings are all part of the pattern of fear and flight.

Have you tried total relaxation tapes - I found I could borrow them from the Library - I used to close my eyes and play the tape, concentrating on what was being said. Afterwards I could sleep for a few hours then if I awoke I'd play the tape again. It did break the pattern and I felt I was in control. Give it a try, it may help.

As an afterthought, Anxiety will not kill you so try to put the thought to one side.[/quote]