PDA

View Full Version : Fixated on taking deep breaths?

melodyann
04-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Is anyone else fixated is always trying to take deep breaths? Or am I the only one ?

Melody

xtinkx16
05-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I am not constantly taking deep breaths however i am constantly afraid im about to have an attack which in return makes me think about my breathing and then i feel im not breathing correctly which turns into me taking deep breaths so i can relate your not crackin up it is a struggle to live with anxiety but at least weve got this forum so others can reassure us we arent nuts cause im sure we all feel that way at times good luck hope things get better for you

Captain Deep Breath
05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Definately. Not all the time, but after a few breaths i'll start thinking to myself ''are my breaths big enough, do i have enough oxygen to survive?'' and then i'll give it one big breath which keeps me satisfied for a minute or two.

It's an obsession. Let me ask you this, are you or were you a smoker? I was and my lungs are my fixation. When i had my panic attack i thought I had lung Cancer, so now i think about my breathing ALL the time. Let me know if you find a way around this. It feels good to talk about it, but i think the more we do the more we'll remember!

Cheers

SqueakyLibber7
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah the breathing thing is a pain. Whenever I start to concentrate on it too much, I just do something to distract myself. Play a game on the computer, call somebody, clean something, anything! You'll be shocked when you see how quickly you forget about it. :)
I'm also interested to see if you're a smoker or not. I am and like Captain said, it definitely contributes to the fixation on breathing.