PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new medication, trying to overcome this

bbull333
04-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, even though I have had an anxiety disorder since I was 15 years old(Am 30 now). Was wondering if anybody else here is taking celexa, and possibly some of the pros and cons of being on it.
Was trying to take the med-free approach for the first time since my anxiety has worsen as of lately. For the last month my anxiety only subsides for the lesser part of the day, maybe 2-3 hours feeling like I'm not having a heart attack and am dying. For the rest of the day it's honestly a rut but am trying to challenge myself with these superficial fears my mind is creating.
I'm also in a situation of being involved in a co-signing of a very large amount, where this friend who I thought of as family disconnected his phone and pulled a disappearing act on me. Talked with the collector today and the guy was just yelling at me the whole time. Was almost to the point where I just wanted to throw the towel in. Was curious if anybody knows of any advocacy available for somebody of this condition. Couldn't find any resources online. And as all these weights are added to my shoulders I know I need to probably be pro-meds which is difficult.
Just really want to know if it's easy to get off of this celexa. Have been on many other anti-depressants with which I've experienced side effects. And also want to maybe hear of anybody witnessing these pro-longed attacks. Literally all day long some days. Thank you for your time.

b