PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety???

xgemma06x
04-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi,

I havent been feeling myself this last week, ive been feeling sick, headaches, really tired, so been sleeping all the time,

I feel like i dont wanna talk to anyone, just shut myself in my room and i feel panicky!

Im scared im going to die or im going mental and going back to where i started!

Please help is this anxiety??

Tywrap
04-27-2009, 06:19 PM
The best thing is to go see a doctor. Until then if things are bothering you, write them down. Wait until the next day you'll see that you can't control a lot of things.

danstelter
04-28-2009, 05:00 PM
This sounds like it might be a depression and yes seeing some sort of mental health professional would be a very wise choice. Also, since this just started up and you have provided no history of the condition, it seems as though the condition might have a physical, rather than psychological, basis, which is a cause for concern. Talk to your doctor and come back here and let us know what is happening!

Fudge
04-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Anxiety is also a depression, its just more difficult to see.

trackstar
05-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Anxiety is also a depression, its just more difficult to see.
So true and they often go together. Not a bad idea to get checked by a doctor to rule out physical problems. If it is anxiety look for a cbt therapist.
I finished a cbt group almost a year ago and i think it is awesome. In just 16-weeks I feel better than I ever have before. It teaches you skills to manage your anxiety for the rest of your life. They encouraged us to keep doing the tea form exercise for further improvement and it has helped me a great deal.

CAJWD
05-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Always go and check with your doctor first.
Nobody likes to see a doctor, but once that is out of the way and you are given a clean bill of health, your worries may lessen right away.
That is the first step.
If everything physically turns out alright - then you can get to work on the anxiety part of it. But I think knowing that you are in actual good health is a great step in the right direction.
Good luck

trackstar
06-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Good advice!

Robbed
06-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Just keep in mind that if you DO go to see a doctor, and the doctor suspects depression/anxiety, they will throw MEDS in your face. Just remember that you DON'T have to take them. Mental health is one of those situations where a doctor's expert opinion is not supreme. In fact, I would completely suggest you not take antidepressants until all other treatment avenues have been exhausted.

trackstar
06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Just keep in mind that if you DO go to see a doctor, and the doctor suspects depression/anxiety, they will throw MEDS in your face. Just remember that you DON'T have to take them. Mental health is one of those situations where a doctor's expert opinion is not supreme. In fact, I would completely suggest you not take antidepressants until all other treatment avenues have been exhausted.

I totally agree. Take this excellent advice!