PDA

View Full Version : Sharp chest pains

nfnpete
02-05-2006, 03:06 PM
hey, i'm new here so hello everyone! i have recently been having all the symptoms of general anxiety i.e dizzyness, palpitations, headaches, Irritable bowel syndrome, feeling anxious, panic attacks, irregular heart beats. i have had all kinds of test done and everything appears to be normal. however in the last week or so i have been gettin sharp stabbing pains over my heart area and in my left arm. i'm just wanting to know if anyone else has experienced this kind of pain and whether or not it is caused by anxiety? Thanks.

caseman
02-05-2006, 03:24 PM
welcome this place is awesome and helps alot, anxiety can def give you chest pains i had irregular or skipped beats for awhile then i got chest pain i usually would just not focus on it and it would go away hope this helps take care- Caseman

scatmantom
02-05-2006, 03:27 PM
yea i get them now and again. Its scary cos u think its something serious, but it probably isnt. Mght be worth gettin a doctor to have a look, but ive had those pains since my anxiety started when i was 11.

leftie15
02-05-2006, 03:32 PM
hey welcome to the forum i talked to my doc and he told me all the sharp pains u feel are because your so tense from the anxiety your muslce cramp therefore making them hurt best thins to do is deeep breathe and some exercise is great for that so if the doc said theres nothing wrong then its probably just anxiety so try and relax and keep it kewl man good luck and i hope you post often this place really helps

nfnpete
02-05-2006, 04:24 PM
thanks for the replies. i've only realised that the route of all these problems has been anxiety. i guess whenever i get a new anxiety related symptom i worry about it making everything worse. its a vicious circle. the pains do go away when i am totally chilled out though so it most likely is anxiety based. cheers for the help!